• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Poll Reality Check

How much extra if at all would you pay for different instruments

• Nothing. OK as is.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Up to $300

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Up to $600

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Up to $900

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Up to $1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $1200

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Assuming that you are correct...........
How would you manage that color variation on a nationwide basis.

Just an example of speed /color gradients -- (San Antonio area)
On I10 westbound from the I410 interchange you have something like the following........
I410 to I1604 ...... 60 MPH
I1604 to Bexar County line ....... 70 MPH
Bexar County line to Kerr - Gillespie County line ....... 75 MPH
Kerr - Gillespie County line .......west ........... 80 MPH
(and you know about the 85 MPH on the toll road up toward Austin)

How is that speed /color gradient going to work on a run from White Plains, NY to Monticello, NY via the Tappan Zee Bridge?
(I don't think that's over 65 MPH)

That might need to be re thought.

it doesnt need to reflect the speed limit of the road you are going on... I just used 85 as a good target to start the red for (insert multiple reasons).... Its mainly there to tell you what speed range you are in at a glance... Red also means very fast! no need to overthink it.

If you know the speed limit is 60mph, then you should be in the yellow range. and if its 30mph, then your butt better be somewhere in green. that is all.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Mayday to you all. I have a question for us all....we have discussed everything about the Elio from the instruments to the colors available. Has any one item been changed as a result of discussions on this forum? I think the answer is "No." (I am sure G1 will let us know if I am wrong.)
So our discussions are really academic and mostly for our viewing and reading pleasure, right?
Why the fervor over anything we cannot change? It is all just likes and dislikes, in open discussion. I have been on the forum long enough to feel like this is a group of friends, and I sure hope we can have open dialog and remain that way.
Anyone watching the fight tomorrow night?
I too think that this indeed is a friendly bunch, the anti/pro rhetoric has slowed down with folks, leaving, silent majority growing, and extremists fading.
There now seems to be a very middle of the road focus, with much more calm. For me you are correct I enjoy the banter, upmanship replies, and the great sense of humor, that is encouraged by our differences/likes.
I have in common with many being an(old) bike rider, looking forward to getting my Elio, after that, I've never had the opportunity to discuss/talk/reflect with folks from such wide political viewpoints, lifestyles, automotive/production/design/engineers. I have lived entirely on the East Coast (read blue), Florida is a true "red", but down here, we call it the sixth borough!-
As to the fight tomorrow night, two, past their prime great fighters, neither will take any risk. prediction- "goes to the score cards"
I would "NEVER" pay so much for a PPV anything.
Enjoy it, hope it truly turns out to be the "fight of the Century"

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Mayday to you all.
Anyone watching the fight tomorrow night?

And Happy Mayday back at you.

20150501_073832.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I dont know... I think I would like the colors on the speedometer too. Im thinking 4 colors... White, Green, Yellow, Red... Red can start at about 85mph I think... Thats speeding almost everywhere (but there are a few 85mph roads in texas)
Maybe Red, White, & Blue..........yellow is out, to expensive a color even on the speedo guage. Paul is keen on cost x 250,000 Elio's per year.
You know your speeding if you say what the hell, I seem to be passing all the other vehicles on the road maybe I should slow down. Then there are the thousands of people that are color blind that would want colored guages to be an Elio option because of added cost. Generally when speeding the primary indicators are sirens and flashing lights. Happy Mayday everybody.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too think that this indeed is a friendly bunch, the anti/pro rhetoric has slowed down with folks, leaving, silent majority growing, and extremists fading.
There now seems to be a very middle of the road focus, with much more calm. For me you are correct I enjoy the banter, upmanship replies, and the great sense of humor, that is encouraged by our differences/likes.
I have in common with many being an(old) bike rider, looking forward to getting my Elio, after that, I've never had the opportunity to discuss/talk/reflect with folks from such wide political viewpoints, lifestyles, automotive/production/design/engineers. I have lived entirely on the East Coast (read blue), Florida is a true "red", but down here, we call it the sixth borough!-
As to the fight tomorrow night, two, past their prime great fighters, neither will take any risk. prediction- "goes to the score cards"
I would "NEVER" pay so much for a PPV anything.
Enjoy it, hope it truly turns out to be the "fight of the Century"
You do have a way with words.

I suspect that the "silent majority", in this case and in reality, are the anti-elgin (one of the set of "extremists" if you will).
I propose that they are "silent" here because the larger number of them have been intentionally excluded from this very poll.
The title of this thread and poll is "Elgin Poll Reality Check".
How can this possibly a "Reality Check" when it doesn't offer the fair counter-choice of "Nothing. Not OK as is but I can't afford to pay any more."
Recall all the ongoing EM propaganda about this vehicle's potential to change the lives of the financially less fortunate.
I believe that the majority of voters would have voted for that missing choice.
But we'll never know will we? As far as this poll is concerned, they've been silenced.
It was suggested that this very choice be added to the poll shortly after the poll was created, but the suggestion was ignored.
Too many politicians do much the same thing far too often.

Money where mouth is? Prove what?
All this shows is the minority that like the elgin and well-to-do folks that can afford to change what a majority of folks do not want in the first place.
Yeah, I agree, it does that well.

And what is this thing about those that keep repeating the same thing over and over (Paul's vehicle, so pauls choice, "end of story").
That's tantamount to repeating "water is wet, end of story"... "water is wet, end of story"... over and over again.
Like that somehow somehow makes what Paul is doing perfectly logical behaviour and makes it alright.
And like the statement, in itself, somehow proves that this won't affect EM in the future in the slightest.

Slanted un-reality check would be a far better title for this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom