• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why you need to keep your pit bull in the car when you're away from it....
You can keep your pit bull and (shudder) your snake. I would rather pimp (I think that means decorate doesn't it?) my Elio to the point no one would dare steal it. Now what can you do to a car that makes every removable part recognizable at a glance. Hmmm May be a whole new art industry in the making. :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Move the gas cap to the back behind the tail lights (55 Chevy) this would make it ambidextrous. Just put a hinge on the tail light cluster, run the gas tube along the inside and hook it to the end of the one coming up from the tank to the side door.

Only problem we will have is, this will become the number one stolen car on the market.
No hole in side panel, no need to manufacture a gas cap door.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Move the gas cap to the back behind the tail lights (55 Chevy) this would make it ambidextrous. Just put a hinge on the tail light cluster, run the gas tube along the inside and hook it to the end of the one coming up from the tank to the side door. Only problem we will have is, this will become the number one stolen car on the market. No hole in side panel, no need to manufacture a gas cap door.

See they moved tha gas intake to the passenger side. I liked it better on the drivers side (P1). JMO
Probably will still reach form either side.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
See they moved tha gas intake to the passenger side. I liked it better on the drivers side (P1). JMO

I also prefer the fuel fill on the drivers side however Elio has actually addressed this particular item directly. I believe it was in one of their Tech Talk messages they stated that from an engineering standpoint it was just much easier to put it on the right side of the vehicle. When I get a chance I may have to dig around and see if I can find the actual quote.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also prefer the fuel fill on the drivers side however Elio has actually addressed this particular item directly. I believe it was in one of their Tech Talk messages they stated that from an engineering standpoint it was just much easier to put it on the right side of the vehicle. When I get a chance I may have to dig around and see if I can find the actual quote.
Probably will still reach form either side.
(Just added to original post)

Top Bottom