• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What would a 33 year old know about what geezers need.
Well, as someone who works in the geezer center, I can say on fair authority that there are multiple levels of geezerdom. I have folks in their 50's who are fully acredited geezers, and some in their 90's who can outrun me at 40-something. So maybe some kind of scale needs to be devised.
Actually this forum is hardly the ideal cross-section of geezership. People interested in an Elio are not so likely to be the most infirmed and mobility challenged drivers out there. At the same time, my grandmother could not get into one cause she can't bend her knees. And if my grandfather ever got into one he could never get back out. So while some might take offense, there are certain realities of aging that WOULD make the Elio a challenge at some point.
And in any circumstance it would make a poor substitute for a golf cart. Those carts are already well suited to the way people use them, and there is not that much room for improvement.
Besides, they forgot the most important part of any geezer-ready vehicle; The Cadillac emblem on the front.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
What would a 33 year old know about what geezers need.
Listening to my mom's complaints about having to get climb up and out of my bucket seats. She has a strong preference for old style bench seats where the top of the seat is a foot and a half to two feet off the ground.

Being in her 60s she's not in geezer territory but her knees have been bad for over a decade.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Listening to my mom's complaints about having to get climb up and out of my bucket seats. She has a strong preference for old style bench seats where the top of the seat is a foot and a half to two feet off the ground.

Being in her 60s she's not in geezer territory but her knees have been bad for over a decade.
My knees are bone on bone but I would rather not have them replaced unless I absolutely have to. I don't like the side effects of pain meds so I take 550mg Ginger Root and 500 mg Turmeric in capsule form twice a day. Between that and my very dark hot cacao and occasional massage of my knees with a gentle body oil, I live with very little pain. I also have a very high pain threshold so this may not work for everyone. I am a few weeks short of 73. Although I definitely don't consider myself a geezer. I am way to "young" for that. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not in its current form though. To be favored by retirement communities I think 3 things must happen (1) separate doors for front and rear seats (2) be higher off the ground (3) non-bucket seats.
image.jpg

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess this is a good a place to mention it., I do believe that Paul will be selling cars. But of the 35k "already placed money down" on the list, how many actually did put $$ down with the expectation they might lose it?, how many put a 100.00 down and have the expectation to get it back?, and the same with all the dollar options in-between Although we know exactly how many "tee shirt owners" there are, (me being one), I've never came across the break-down of all the other categories. IMO it looks good on paper and in the press releases, but............

Hi RUCRAYZE,

How would that matter?? over 35,000 have made the same choice as you have, in just signing up, in each case each person had to believe in Paul Elio or the Elio Motors project... some want to believe a little bit more... and are willing to take the risks for the high rewards... some like the idea but don't want the risk factor and are willing to wait even longer...

If I had the cash when I first signed up, I would have production # 401, but I did not have the money... it took two months to save to get "All in " so I received #2225... just didn't have the money... like so many others... bottom line.... I Believe...

Would it even be legal for Elio Motors to post Customer sales records, or even give out the break down on each level of sales??

If I were Elio Motors... I would just let each sale go as it goes... and Welcome all to the Elio family....

Proud to Be... an Elio owner...#2225 see ya on the road... " give me a wave "

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a joke my late father used to tell.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Son: "Dad, I just saved you £1 today!"

Father: "Well done son - how did you do that?"

Son:"I ran home behind the school bus!"

Father: "Well, next time run home behind a taxi instead and save me £10!"

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oil is a volatile market. All it takes to raise oil prices is another political/military mess in the producing areas, boom, up goes the price. Heck, we've all seen it happen. A high MPG vehicle will help insulate you from these market swings, and this (The Elio) is something we should have done years ago. Really, in a way, it's a national security thing, too. Being less dependent on oil as a nation is a good thing...
Heck it's not just the oil market and political/ military messes. Remember the price gouging after Katrina!:( There was no shortage of gasoline, just a shortage of open stations, with electricity! The shortage came later, when they didn't bring the refineries back up to pre storm production rates. Big oil realized they could gouge everyone across the country with low production rates, claiming a shortage!

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My knees are bone on bone but I would rather not have them replaced unless I absolutely have to. I don't like the side effects of pain meds so I take 550mg Ginger Root and 500 mg Turmeric in capsule form twice a day. Between that and my very dark hot cacao and occasional massage of my knees with a gentle body oil, I live with very little pain. I also have a very high pain threshold so this may not work for everyone. I am a few weeks short of 73. Although I definitely don't consider myself a geezer. I am way to "young" for that. :p :rolleyes: :) Z
Like I say, there are various levels of geezerdom. I'm a 40-something, but there are times when I see the stupid things younger folks do, the crap they call music, the inability to breathe without a dumb-phone, the lack of ethics and morals as even a concept, much less a practice..... Makes me want to shake my cane at them and yell at them to get off my lawn!

Top Bottom