• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Zombie Apocalypse

GreatDanes

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Everybody is thinking it... I am just sayin' it!
  • How will the Elio fare in the endless struggle against the Ambulatory Deceased?
  • Will the power be sufficient to 'bug out' in the event of a herd encounter?
  • Will the small amount of storage limit its use to one person when we all know that you can't survive alone?
p.s. Your humble narrator KNOWS the difference between fact and fiction and the only thing that I am willing to wait longer than October for (new season of Walking Dead) is the Elio!
p.p.s. I actually searched the forums twice before posting as I found it very hard to believe that no one posted on this topic yet!!

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Lack of available storage space will considerably hamper the Elio as a bugout vehicle.

HOWEVER, as a light, quick, highly maneuverable (I hope) vehicle, with considerable range, it may be better suited as a zombie assault craft. If one were to mount a belt fed 30 cal machine gun in the nose, and one on each fender (to give you the ability to fan the spray of bullets), then put another 30 cal on a ring mount on a low turret behind the driver, so the co-pilot has a 360 degree arc of engagement, this could be a most formidable craft!

With a "mothership" to carry additional food, fuel, ammo, and supplies, several well kitted Elios could help turn the tide against said zombies!!!!

GreatDanes

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, if it's any consolation, your Elio will run farther than a conventional automobile, so maybe you can outdistance those zombies . . . although driving an Elio is prima facie evidence that you have an outstanding (and probably delicious) brain. :D
...and you don't have to be fastest, just faster than the one next to you!

Seann

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Everybody is thinking it... I am just sayin' it!
  • How will the Elio fare in the endless struggle against the Ambulatory Deceased?
  • Will the power be sufficient to 'bug out' in the event of a herd encounter?
  • Will the small amount of storage limit its use to one person when we all know that you can't survive alone?
p.s. Your humble narrator KNOWS the difference between fact and fiction and the only thing that I am willing to wait longer than October for (new season of Walking Dead) is the Elio!
p.p.s. I actually searched the forums twice before posting as I found it very hard to believe that no one posted on this topic yet!!

I believe you have to look at things this way......in a zombie apocalypse, there truly aren't very many vehicles that will fare to well, and on the power side.....it's probable that pretty much every road will be impassible anyhow since most people will be going nuts and running into everything...and everyone. unless you have a tank or something like that you pretty much going to be fending for you and your families and trying to escape from the undead. but on the bright side.......you could cut a hole in the roof and use the Elio as a zombie response vehicle and have some one with a machine gun and cap a lot of zombies!!!!!

saint451

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, I have not put much thought into it, but just some suggestion off the cuff...

Elio Zombie Escape Vehicle (E-ZEV)

Camo skins, depends on whether urban or woodland, mud type tires or chains when needed(maybe tracks), gun rack( with gun and ammo), anti-zombie cage around people area, use water in windshield wiper bottle(good for drinking), dehydrated mre's(light weight), add CB radio(old school but in all the zombie movies), a good farm type jack to get out of being stuck, inflatable flotation for fording bodies of water, lightweight DC cable hoist, (can also pull the vehicle into a tree), First aid kit(Hello Kitty Bandaids are good), mounted infrared on vehicle(good heat signatures are humans), remove all parts of car, fenders, covers, anything to allow better handling, and since adding weight from gear, need to keep gas milage up, at least one spare mounted fuel container, maybe 1-3 gallons on one side, same size water on the other, distribute weight and then some personal items, soap, clothes, sock(always have clean socks(Lt. Dan quote).
That is all I have at the moment...

Elio Zombie Escape Vehicle (E-ZEV)

Top Bottom