• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio > Any Electric

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wait for the next oil panic - real or fabricated - and interest in and sales of any "fuel efficient" vehicle will surge. Remember in 2008-9 when used Honda Insight and Toyota Pious cars were selling for more than when they were new. It will happen again. Which will be good news for Elio since it definitely qualifies as fuel efficient!

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wait for the next oil panic - real or fabricated - and interest in and sales of any "fuel efficient" vehicle will surge. Remember in 2008-9 when used Honda Insight and Toyota Pious cars were selling for more than when they were new. It will happen again. Which will be good news for Elio since it definitely qualifies as fuel efficient!

If you think THAT was bad, IF you're old enough to remember the gas "crunch" in 74, gas lines, can only pump $2 worth (abou 4 gallons in those days :)) and 55 mph national speed limit ..... talk about OIL PANIC :rolleyes:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you think THAT was bad, IF you're old enough to remember the gas "crunch" in 74, gas lines, can only pump $2 worth (abou 4 gallons in those days :)) and 55 mph national speed limit ..... talk about OIL PANIC :rolleyes:

I remember it all too well .... 55 wasn't too bad in high population areas but out in South Dakota where my wife's family lives, it to forever to go anywhere

Jim

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Electric car sales perhaps have leveled off until Tesla gets their $5Billion Megafactory underway and current technology gets into production providing for 3x the range at significantly reduced cost. Eliminating range anxiety and high cost will allow for mainstreaming Electric Vehicles.........even a future EVELIO.

What about sales of Electric Motorcycles? Even Harley Davidson has gone electric!
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ever the optimist, I've just had a charging socket for an electric car installed in my garage!

But at this rate I won't need a commuter car, I'll be retired and able to relying on driving my Liege for fun..
That is a good way start the journey to EV ownership and will be ready for that EV when the opportunity presents itself. I like your style!

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Any big rise in gas prices will fix that problem.

Yes, at the moment it's up to people with extra $ to "help the environment" (and their fuel costs) by buying electric.

Top Bottom