• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Belly Up. Fake News Or Not?

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I know I said I done, but I saw this and couldn't help myself.
I thought the trip down memory lane might be amusing.
From 3 1/2 years ago...
http://gas2.org/2013/05/13/elio-motors-still-thinks-it-can-sell-a-3-wheeler-why-it-cant/
With one word, this guy is discredited: 'will'. He said Elio WILL fail...and added some descriptive to that absolute prediction. Now Elio has not succeeded to date but merely making an absolute prediction of the future without the credentials of a prophet is reason alone to be disregarded. But to make an absolute based on his three reasons one of which reveals his ignorance or disregard of apparently well established, independent vehicle engineering shows his feet are full of bullet holes. His second reason disregards facts. A considerable number of states have had exception to the helmet rule for vehicles like -- but predating -- the Elio. Oregon is merely one example. That exception has been on the books here since, I believe, the Sparrow era. He tries to side step the recent online critics of his bravado by saying he wrote the piece years ago. That doesn't fly. Again, his was an absolute, unequivocal prediction.
His third point is that folks won't want to wear a helmet. That premise (of human behavior for which I do not see his behavioral credentials) was based on his premise that a helmet would be required.
Now, he could redeem his lost cred in my view by a written retraction, but it doesn't seem he's the type to do so.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 'Will' goes both ways: WILL fail or WILL succeed. Perhaps it's best to be somewhere in the middle when reading all the news articles and EM's own statements. The only credible information comes directly from EM, and even they are in question.

The media news stories, positive or negative are merely opinions, agree or disagree........take it or leave it. Regardless, we tend look through all the media sources until we find one that validates our own viewpoint.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And their "facts" are so right on" like this one:
As the Elio is a three-wheeled vehicle, under US Law, it needs to meet motorcycle standards. This will impact on the final end user who is likely to need to wear and crash helmet and other safety gear. They will also potentially have to have a motorcycle endorsement on their licenses. Elio has been attempting to lobby the government to amend the regulations given Elio’s apparent exemption to the current regulations.

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

There's some hope if conventional global oil production continues to be curtailed by OPEC and/or the natural peak really kicks in. U.S. shale oil production needs high prices to be practical, and a chain reaction of greater public concern over price & MPG may ensue.

If I was marketing the Elio I'd emphasize the point that oil gets scarcer (in the ground) every day and it's foolish to waste it at any price. But that's a hard sell for a public that thinks its owed cheap energy and is happy to squander it when it seems affordable.

Related link: http://www.artberman.com/arthur-ber...gist-delivers-the-hard-facts-february-7-2015/

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
With one word, this guy is discredited: 'will'. He said Elio WILL fail...and added some descriptive to that absolute prediction. Now Elio has not succeeded to date but merely making an absolute prediction of the future without the credentials of a prophet is reason alone to be disregarded. But to make an absolute based on his three reasons one of which reveals his ignorance or disregard of apparently well established, independent vehicle engineering shows his feet are full of bullet holes. His second reason disregards facts. A considerable number of states have had exception to the helmet rule for vehicles like -- but predating -- the Elio. Oregon is merely one example. That exception has been on the books here since, I believe, the Sparrow era. He tries to side step the recent online critics of his bravado by saying he wrote the piece years ago. That doesn't fly. Again, his was an absolute, unequivocal prediction.
His third point is that folks won't want to wear a helmet. That premise (of human behavior for which I do not see his behavioral credentials) was based on his premise that a helmet would be required.
Now, he could redeem his lost cred in my view by a written retraction, but it doesn't seem he's the type to do so.

It's not just that author, it's the official record. Here's a link to the filing with no relation to the gas2.org article: http://www.otcmarkets.com/edgar/GetFilingHtml?FilingID=11698571

inflammatory comments deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regardless, we tend look through all the media sources until we find one that validates our own viewpoint.
In other words...
the%2Btruth.jpg

Top Bottom