• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Bus

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. Pretty much any quicker than my lawnmower, but it's only a 48" deck....72" would save my wife some time. ;):D....[CRAP!! She looked over my shoulder!!] :eek:

oops.gif
... duck and cover ..
crutch.gif

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool car. There's video of it circling a guy standing, it makes two laps around him and the drivers side mirror doesn't get a foot away from him the whole time. One of the major investors/stockholders in the concept flies into town, Fuller sends the car and a driver to pick him up at the airport and they get in a wreck on the way back, killing the major investor and the project. There's less than a handful in existence and I believe Jay Leno owns one.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buckminster Fuller, one of my favorite geniuses of any century! Dymaxion, Dymaxion House, Geodesic Dome House, Buckyballs, and who knows what else. Amazing mind creating/discovering amazing stuff. Other faves? Alexander the Great, Da Vinci, Galileo Galilei, Vivaldi, JS Bach Tesla, M. Curie, Frank Lloyd Wright, CS Lewis, Tolkien, Ford, Birdseye, Heddy Lamarr, George Lucas, Stephen Spielburg. There's a bunch more I would toss in there but don't have the time and what's interesting is that some if not most of these people are not necessarily the nicest you'd want to meet but their minds and the way they think are astounding.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Boy, I don't know about that. It might have just been a giant version of the Robin Reliant. I think that whether the steering was in the front or back it was unfortunately and inherently more unstable than I would have liked. The D-car was a brilliant idea but may have had some details that needed to be worked out. Still, no one else was thinking that far outside the box at that point, that's just how B. Fuller,er, rolled.

Top Bottom