• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Coin ?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This whole Elio thing is a cruel joke. I put 1,000.00 down for an Elio that was supposed to be built within the next year, and here we are 4 years later and they still don't have the car being built, nor have they gotten their manufacturing plant up and running. Sorry, but a word of warning to anyone "thinking" about putting money into this car, DON'T !!!!! Unless of course you don't mind losing the money. I hate to admit it, but I was a HUGE sucker, and I've been scammed. :mad:
You weren't scammed. You invested in a startup company that is struggling to get to market. huge difference.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This whole Elio thing is a cruel joke. I put 1,000.00 down for an Elio that was supposed to be built within the next year, and here we are 4 years later and they still don't have the car being built, nor have they gotten their manufacturing plant up and running. Sorry, but a word of warning to anyone "thinking" about putting money into this car, DON'T !!!!! Unless of course you don't mind losing the money. I hate to admit it, but I was a HUGE sucker, and I've been scammed. :mad:

While it's possible you could lose your $1,000 (or "lost", I suppose), it isn't a scam. Sure, Elio may never produce a car but they were adamant from the start that they were going to do their best to produce a vehicle but there was always a chance they wouldn't/couldn't. I don't think they've given up yet and have surely put a lot of effort into the company. A scam? No. Misguided? Maybe.

... Edit: And now I see that Neal already responded. I agree with Neal there.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quote from TheDrive article:

"The company now says that it hopes to start production 76 weeks after the ElioCoin fundraising round, meaning vehicles won't start rolling off the assembly line until 2019 at the earliest."

Two initial reactions:

I'm upset that production is yet again facing delays, but I'm encouraged by the fact that the 76-week timeline from receipt of funding to rollout of factory-produced vehicles seems to be concrete. Ever since the initial 76-week timeline had been presented publicly, that is one facet of the business model that Elio Motors has not wavered from and continues to stick to.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production has been on hold and we all knew that. With the ICO, we now have an exact date when Elio will be delivered. Right now it’s October 2019, so the ICO will have to be in the next few weeks which means November 2019. That’s excellent news because we have a firm date.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Production has been on hold and we all knew that. With the ICO, we now have an exact date when Elio will be delivered. Right now it’s October 2019, so the ICO will have to be in the next few weeks which means November 2019. That’s excellent news because we have a firm date.
Today is truly a positive for Elio - the first sign of life in a longgg time. To suggest there is a "firm" date for ELIO production however - is firmly wild speculation.

I do agree with posts that Mr Byrne at Overstock must have something in mind beyond Paul and the Elio crew quickly going through the 2.5 million. The "ICO" coin thing seems improbable, but whatever happens... it should be interesting to watch.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quote from TheDrive article:

"The company now says that it hopes to start production 76 weeks after the ElioCoin fundraising round, meaning vehicles won't start rolling off the assembly line until 2019 at the earliest."

Two initial reactions:

I'm upset that production is yet again facing delays, but I'm encouraged by the fact that the 76-week timeline from receipt of funding to rollout of factory-produced vehicles seems to be concrete. Ever since the initial 76-week timeline had been presented publicly, that is one facet of the business model that Elio Motors has not wavered from and continues to stick to.
I have a feeling that other loud voices that Elio Motors might have to listen too might change the timeline.
If I was a loud voice, I would say, get the production model on the road asap! Let's see how they roll.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only have one concern. tZero (the subsidiary of overstock that we will all be using to trade Eliocoins) has had an ICO going on for a while and they keep extending the date when it's over. So, ICO's usually go on for a few days but this one has been going on since December because they need to raise $300M. The end date has been pushed back on this one and the newest final date is May 14. This article is from January and it looks like the original date was February 16 but got changed to march 30 and now changed to May 14. So, I hope they get the $300M so they can get tZero up and running where Elio can be traded on their platform. The Elio timeline depends on the tZero timeline. It might not be a bad idea to get into tZero just to speed up the Elio production schedule.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4149485-overstock-tzero-will-ico-ever-end

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somewhere in the articles, they said EM was trying to raise $100M and I believe that was from releasing Eliocoin, and production would start 76 weeks later.

However, they need $300M to start production. Where will the other $200M come from.

They should take the vehicle to Saudi Arabia and show it around. It will get plenty attention and the wealthy there will see it.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Press Releases are flyin’, 2.5 million in essentially new ‘seed money’ has been invested toward hopefully getting another $298.5 million thru the magic of cryptocurrency!

Where’s Hari and Paul, shouldn’t we be expecting some good words from them soon?

Does anyone know if there is a time period where this new stock purchase can’t be sold? If Elio Stock makes it to even 6 bucks, Overstock.com will have more than doubled their money.

Also, any insight into just how much money will be left after EM “Repay(s) certain debt and accounts payable.”?? It would be interesting to know who the lucky ones are that are deemed “certain”.

I hope this cryptocurrency foray is more than just a philosophical experiment by Mr. Byrne. Time will tell.

Historically, no "fan" of Wall Street:

https://www.wired.com/2016/04/overs...ah-patrick-byrne-takes-medical-leave-absence/

Last edited:
Top Bottom