• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Colorado

stevecaz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That's what they said about Pikes Peak! My first trip up was in the spring and it was barely one lane wide with all the snow piled up on the sides. I have a heights thing and going up the mountain looking over the edge was more than enough for me and I wasn't driving.LOL! Now if I go up, it has to be midsummer when all the snow is gone and there are two open lanes.
I have to agree with Norahsbed, to old for mountain drivng. Mid summer in the 'hills" is beautiful!

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from Colorado Springs, We will have to plan on some mountain runs early 2016.....
Heck!! I'm all in to join your Colaradio Elio club and I live in Georgia!!!
I have ridden from Boulder up into/thru Estes Park, In the Rain on a stripped down/lowered Harley Dyna. It was a piece of Cake!! I had been to Colorado 10 times skying but had never seen the ground, only snow. We stopped at a little meat place? and bought Rib Eyes and some buffalo jerky then on over Rabbit Ears Pass in to Steamboat. We stayed there 2 days and rode on to Jackson Hole. We enjoyed a small earth quake/tremmer there The last some miles I rode, over road repair/gravel, with No rear brakes on the Harley.
We had a GR8 ride and made it home alive. I need to go back.
All I need is an invite and a date, in '16.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I won't be visiting any of you in the future....:) Z
Then we'll just have to bring the party to you!

In Long Distance (LD) motorcycling, we call them RTEs - Rides To Eat. It wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary to ride 500 miles to lunch, then turn around and ride home.

In general aviation, we called 'em $100 hamburgers - of course the price has gone up a bit since my flying days.

The way it works is this, you name the date, the time and the restaurant, then all your friends show up to kick tires and tell lies. We eat, then we ride/drive home, and you're not stuck with any overnight guests!

I'm ready, now all I need is my Elio...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then we'll just have to bring the party to you!

In Long Distance (LD) motorcycling, we call them RTEs - Rides To Eat. It wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary to ride 500 miles to lunch, then turn around and ride home.

In general aviation, we called 'em $100 hamburgers - of course the price has gone up a bit since my flying days.

The way it works is this, you name the date, the time and the restaurant, then all your friends show up to kick tires and tell lies. We eat, then we ride/drive home, and you're not stuck with any overnight guests!

I'm ready, now all I need is my Elio...
I experienced something like that when I first moved to Oregon. 4 young men for Idaho State University drove here to visit and help me with anything I needed help with. On the way they stopped and fell in love with Portland. So when they got here to little ole Sutherlin (population 7,000), they were culture shocked! If I remember correctly, 3 were from Saudi Arabia and one from Palestine. They rearranged some furniture for me, took me to lunch and turned around and headed back to Portland for some more fun before returning to Pocatello, ID. What a blast they were and so much help. I loved it. The driver returned again after he graduated and brought a cousin from Saudi Arabia and two other young men who I think were also from that area but not necessarily from that country. I was one of their "site seeing" stops while I was in PT rehab in Eugene after getting my hip replaced. I was in physical therapy when they all came charging in to give me a hug and to share all their latest stories. What a great group and wonderful friends. Zizu, the driver of the two trips, has actually called me from Saudi Arabia twice to chat and to hear my smile and laughter. He says he misses me and I have to admit I miss him also. We all had some great times together. :) Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom