• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is right. It is only to show interest. So, if you give a dollar amount, let's say $50,000, that looks better than $250.00.

Umm.. You realize that you can only give $50K if your income/worth is AT LEAST $500K a year, right? Puffing up these numbers is likely going to backfire on Elio when July 31st rolls around and there is a tremendous shortfall between the projections and what is actually raised. Don't think for a minute that the venture capitalists with the big money are going to be swayed by these projections. They are going to wait and see what actually falls out of the money tree before they start lining up.

And on the off chance you do make $500K, why in the hell would you be waiting on this $7K fuel sipper? There are other rides out there available now you can obviously afford. If you can seriously swing $50K, thank you for supporting this vision. If you can't, quit jerking Paul around.

And to the rest of you, please save your praise and congratulations for when the money changes hands. I swear these forums turn into a giant hug-fest at slightest mention of a good intention.

Holy crap, are there seriously 116 pages to this thread? :eek: Ain't nobody got time fo' 'dat!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy crap, are there seriously 116 pages to this thread? :eek: Ain't nobody got time fo' 'dat!

One reason that this thread is so long is because of the poll at the top at the top of every page. We have also covered a number of different topics and news stories that have come out during this thread's duration.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Umm.. You realize that you can only give $50K if your income/worth is AT LEAST $500K a year, right? !

Your max purchase under Reg A+ is limited to 10% of your annual income OR 10% of your net worth, excluding your home. Not "and," or. As I said in an earlier post (one of the 116 pages), you could have the cash flow of a wino, but if your investment account holds $500,001, you could buy $50K of Elio equity. But you'd have to be crazy as the wino to do that!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about a bolt-on turbo, there's high compression issues, ECU issues, fuel injection issues, Id wait for a factory install for that.

As I understand it, the turbo can be retrofitted by the factory (or by Pep Boys) after purchase without busting your 36,000 mile warranty. And you're right about the high compression issues -- probably have to be a very large-diameter turbine to push air against the Elio's 12:1 compression ratio. Definitely not something I'd try to do at home!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3 to 5 lbs. in a 3 cyl with 12:1 is going to be more than 10hp. PE had said that the supercharger was going to double the hp.
I'll have to go research how much boost would be needed to do that.
No matter what it is; are they telling us the bottom end of that motor is beefy enough to handle it in its current configuration?
The 0-60 time was supposed to go to 4 to 4.5sec. with it depending on tranny; with those numbers you're in true hot rod land.
Where did PE say horsepower would be doubled? He did say that 0-60 would be roughly cut in half, to between 5 and 6 seconds. That's still screaming'! And I want one!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Where did PE say horsepower would be doubled? He did say that 0-60 would be roughly cut in half, to between 5 and 6 seconds. That's still screaming'! And I want one!
Research = I have to go find the articles and find my page on power gains with a centrifugal supercharger. They are scaled differently from a roots type.

Plus it's Friday night a 3 of the shows I like to watch are on Defiance (love that show) Killjoys (fair) and Dark Matter (goes from good, to yuk. to ok depending on the lead character that night)

Reactions: Ekh

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we need a nitro bottle or a ramjet, just to make sure the Elio REALLY flies. A small pair of extendable wings might help ....

Hmmmm. Build a wing with twin booms, dual rudders, and a common elevator so it can drop over the Elio like the old Cessna Skymaster. Let the engine run a hydraulic motor to run pusher and puller props.

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom