• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It has been done long ago;
maverick-sport-flying-car.jpg
maverick-sport-flying-car.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So on 'Green Car Reports' on Jun 13th
They posted this "Elio Motors just raised $22 million from small investors, but it still needs $130 million for its three-wheeled car."

At the expected 25m for the A+ funding from small investors, leaves 240-(65+25+25)=125m left to acqure.

The stature of that gov garentee is getting smaller I'd say. It sure would be nice to see that surplus equipment sold off, and offset the remaining 125m!

Makes me wonder what else EM is working on for funding.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They posted this "Elio Motors just raised $22 million from small investors, but it still needs $130 million for its three-wheeled car."

At the expected 25m for the A+ funding from small investors, leaves 240-(65+25+25)=125m left to acqure.

The stature of that gov garentee is getting smaller I'd say. It sure would be nice to see that surplus equipment sold off, and offset the remaining 125m!

At this point there is no authoritative figure for how much capital is still needed to get the plant up and running. You'll see numbers bandied about from 220 million to 100 million. I have written my contacts at Elio imploring them to make a plain, DATED, public statement of how much they still need to raise -- and then to update that number periodically. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. They're pretty hung up on the matter of publicizing stuff that might have to change or plain not work. Understandably.

(IMO, a lot of the problem comes from info never leaving the internet, and rarely being dated -- so people see all kinds of numbers at the same time and few get ambitious enough to try to sequence them)

Those plain statements need support by saying where and when the money will be allocated. It would help build credibility with potential investors to see also not just how much money is needed, but how much is allocated to each part of the process: final vehicle design and testing, acquisition of machinery, building the delivery system, staff and salaries to get to that point, hiring and training workforce etc. I've suggested a timeline anchored to process dates in months, not specific dates like Jan 2016.

By now, EM really has to have all this mapped out in pretty good detail. I think that at least an overview should be made public to settle the hash of "they'll never do it" critics like that jerk at Gas2, as well as to show investors just how well planned-out this entire venture is -- that kind of communication could be worth millions of dollars in confidence!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point there is no authoritative figure for how much capital is still needed to get the plant up and running. You'll see numbers bandied about from 220 million to 100 million. I have written my contacts at Elio imploring them to make a plain, DATED, public statement of how much they still need to raise -- and then to update that number periodically. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. They're pretty hung up on the matter of publicizing stuff that might have to change or plain not work. Understandably.

(IMO, a lot of the problem comes from info never leaving the internet, and rarely being dated -- so people see all kinds of numbers at the same time and few get ambitious enough to try to sequence them)

Those plain statements need support by saying where and when the money will be allocated. It would help build credibility with potential investors to see also not just how much money is needed, but how much is allocated to each part of the process: final vehicle design and testing, acquisition of machinery, building the delivery system, staff and salaries to get to that point, hiring and training workforce etc. I've suggested a timeline anchored to process dates in months, not specific dates like Jan 2016.

By now, EM really has to have all this mapped out in pretty good detail. I think that at least an overview should be made public to settle the hash of "they'll never do it" critics like that jerk at Gas2, as well as to show investors just how well planned-out this entire venture is -- that kind of communication could be worth millions of dollars in confidence!

Much as I would be interested in that kind of time line, I think the nay sayers would be all over it trying to tear down Elio.
It's a lot like the old need to know line.
"Unless there is a need to know, the answer you give must be no!"
And lets face it.......... We don't have a need. Just a want.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Much as I would be interested in that kind of time line, I think the nay sayers would be all over it trying to tear down Elio.
It's a lot like the old need to know line.
"Unless there is a need to know, the answer you give must be no!"
And lets face it.......... We don't have a need. Just a want.
What potential investors -- not those of us who emotionally tied to Elio -- NEED to know is that their investment has a reasonable chance of success. That means a business plan, a financial plan, and an operational plan -- all on view to the potential investor. The better an investor feels about the likelihood of a good return, the more he / she will put up.

I'm talking about investors, not speculators. Right now, on the information publicly available, Elio Motors is a highly speculative endeavor. The crowd sourcing program is attracting folks who are willing to take a flyer, either because they like the car, or they play roulette once in a while. Most of us on this thread are not investing on a purely financial basis, and Elio has about tapped that group -- as witness the immense slow-down in SE "expressions of interest." We are speculators, and Elio needs that other class of investors, the Qualified Investors.

Anything the company can do to show that it is sane, organized, and has its act together, the better it will do with the Section 506 qualified investors -- the ones the company needs most.

That is why Elio should put forth a "how much we need" statement and a chart illustrating how that money will be used -- in very round numbers. While doubtless ANYTHING Elio puts out makes them targets for the nit-pickers and nay-sayers, the opinion of those folks counts for less and less as the project progresses. What counts for more and more is raising the remaining millions, and they won't come from just us folks.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What potential investors -- not those of us who emotionally tied to Elio -- NEED to know is that their investment has a reasonable chance of success. That means a business plan, a financial plan, and an operational plan -- all on view to the potential investor. The better an investor feels about the likelihood of a good return, the more he / she will put up.

I'm talking about investors, not speculators. Right now, on the information publicly available, Elio Motors is a highly speculative endeavor. The crowd sourcing program is attracting folks who are willing to take a flyer, either because they like the car, or they play roulette once in a while. Most of us on this thread are not investing on a purely financial basis, and Elio has about tapped that group -- as witness the immense slow-down in SE "expressions of interest." We are speculators, and Elio needs that other class of investors, the Qualified Investors.

Anything the company can do to show that it is sane, organized, and has its act together, the better it will do with the Section 506 qualified investors -- the ones the company needs most.

That is why Elio should put forth a "how much we need" statement and a chart illustrating how that money will be used -- in very round numbers. While doubtless ANYTHING Elio puts out makes them targets for the nit-pickers and nay-sayers, the opinion of those folks counts for less and less as the project progresses. What counts for more and more is raising the remaining millions, and they won't come from just us folks.

I'm sure that there is a lot of information available to potential "Section 506 qualified investors" that is not available to us, and is most likely provided by Elios agent "Network 1 Financials" to their clients under non disclosure agreement.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Sorry to disagree about the ATVM loan guarantee's importance. Short of the Tooth Fairy making a large donation, I don't see what else can provide the scope of funding needed without insisting on equity (i.e., control). I do think that if the prototypes are built, tested, and publicized in a timely manner, the chances of getting the ATVM loan guarantee (and of attracting other investors) go way up.

Elio needs to haul ass and get those things done! As it is, no way in hell is a plant operational before sometime next summer -- and it needs to be running by then because Caddo Parish will pull the plug if it isn't. Their extension ends some time next summer -- I think in June.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to disagree about the ATVM loan guarantee's importance. Short of the Tooth Fairy making a large donation, I don't see what else can provide the scope of funding needed without insisting on equity (i.e., control). I do think that if the prototypes are built, tested, and publicized in a timely manner, the chances of getting the ATVM loan guarantee (and of attracting other investors) go way up.

Elio needs to haul ass and get those things done! As it is, no way in hell is a plant operational before sometime next summer -- and it needs to be running by then because Caddo Parish will pull the plug if it isn't. Their extension ends some time next summer -- I think in June.

Maybe we can send Melowese Richardson to lobby DoE Secretary Dr. Ernest Moniz for expedited treatment of the ATVM loan?
But on a serious note, the financial world moves at its own pace. All you are doing is causing other people stress with this type of comment.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

with absolutely no inside info, I tend to believe that if EM is showing definite movement toward production when the contract date for the manufacturing plant approaches and IF no other company wanting to rent/buy the facility is standing there with cash in hand, I don't seen Caddo Parish pulling the plug .... fines would be possible but here again if the above is true I can't see Caddo Parish trying to collect fines that would kill the project .... with all the political capital expended to date, I believe the folks down there want this and other projects needed to revitalize that area to succeed

Top Bottom