• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know what you can loose but what can you get if you invest?
Same question I have. On the stock market, the answer is you sell your shares back to the market at the current market price. But here, it says you can sell your shares, but who would you sell them too? They make it clear they do not sell/buy shares that is purchased.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am very humbled by just how commited our own 'commited' really are! Look how much skin they are willing to put in to the game! It's looking more like a movement than it is a mere opportunity!
Before this I would have said I was at 9 on our 'where am I at scale'. But now I think my 'part empty' should be reduced by half. So I'm at 9.5 now.

That's pretty high since I feel techinally I can never say 10 until the first car is already off the production line.

Last edited:

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same question I have. On the stock market, the answer is you sell your shares back to the market at the current market price. But here, it says you can sell your shares, but who would you sell them too? They make it clear they do not sell/buy shares that is purchased.
If I understand this regulation "A" it is a private placement, not a public offering? EM gets the money, can keep the company private, never go public, and offer to buy your shares back in the future. If it is like the old rules, they can make a second private placement which must be 150% of the price of the first block of shares they issued. I don't think there is enough information to make an informed choice? A red flag for me is the existence of ESG Engineering, a second Elio company which did all the development work, and may hold all the patents and rights. My experience is with a public company, Worldwide Monitoring, (WWM) which had a world beating product and was doing very well with sales and profits. They had licensed the product from a private company. The security and exchange commission require the financials of the private company, which it failed to provide. The commission had no choice but to halt trading in the public company. The public company then collapsed, the private company absorbed the public company and carried on the business. Our investment evaporated with the public company. All was not lost as the $0.25 private placement ended up over $6.00. We sold 50% @ $3.00, 25% more @ $4.50 and only lost 25% of our shares. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can put these fears to rest? I spent a lot of effort looking for EM patents and found nothing. Now I will look for ESG patents. There is a huge difference between WWM and EM. WWM was a scam from the beginning.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well said, I'm in at $50,000, this shows how much I believe in the Elio.
I can't help it. I just have to say thanks. I can't imagine how anyone can risk that much money. But then again, I've already burned up a notible percentage of my life energy hoping to encourage any Elio-like car to exist that I could.

Look at Paul, and Jerome they could have just redirected themselves to less dramtic advenures, but a percentage of thier lifes and family are commited too.

Why do this? For me, well it's not for me. It's for my grand children. I found many things such an opportunity affects in thier world for the long term. That's worth my whole life, not just a percentage of it.

Anyway, just thanks! ( to everyone actually! )

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I am ok with the offer. I will go 250 to start with then look it over. I am already into EILO of a $1000 . There is a limit to what I will roll the dice on.

I could not have said it any better, I just wonder if this is just a one time thing, because we signed up for the test run?

if we only clicked $250 does that mean that is the highest we can go...

I would have liked to see, all 43,000 that signed up to be a Elio owner, be the first to get a chance to buy stock in the company...

We all have waited for a long time for this to happen, and I believe in the Elio Nation.... it;s coming... more and more are joining our Elio Nation each day.... It is a long ride... but I still believe....

Proud to Be Elio Nation #2225Z see ya on the road...

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When the time comes I am sure you will be allowed to invest what ever the law allows you. This is just a test the waters thing right now.
Let's face it they will not turn your cash down.
I have no problem with people that want the latest fastest Charger, or Mustang. If you want a big SUV go for it. I personally have little of no use for them any more. The ELIO is what I want

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know we all need to look into this further and more information from Elio will be forthcoming so I'm only guessing what I will actually reserve for now.

If we need to lock this in before the p5 is unveiled, I might go with the $250 minimum. If we can still reserve later on if and when the p20 through p30's are revealed I'll go much higher.

Top Bottom