• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the time comes I am sure you will be allowed to invest what ever the law allows you. This is just a test the waters thing right now.
Let's face it they will not turn your cash down.

It is possible they will hit the $50,000,000 SEC limit. I think it could happen. If every reservation holder invested $1200 they would exceed the $50 million. I know a lot of reservation holders can't/won't but there are others that will contribute much more. There are also some that don't what a Elio themselves but would like to invest. I'm only in at $100 refundable at this point but am willing to invest much more. I don't want to commit to buy until I've driven one.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I understand this regulation "A" it is a private placement, not a public offering? EM gets the money, can keep the company private, never go public, and offer to buy your shares back in the future. If it is like the old rules, they can make a second private placement which must be 150% of the price of the first block of shares they issued. I don't think there is enough information to make an informed choice? A red flag for me is the existence of ESG Engineering, a second Elio company which did all the development work, and may hold all the patents and rights. My experience is with a public company, Worldwide Monitoring, (WWM) which had a world beating product and was doing very well with sales and profits. They had licensed the product from a private company. The security and exchange commission require the financials of the private company, which it failed to provide. The commission had no choice but to halt trading in the public company. The public company then collapsed, the private company absorbed the public company and carried on the business. Our investment evaporated with the public company. All was not lost as the $0.25 private placement ended up over $6.00. We sold 50% @ $3.00, 25% more @ $4.50 and only lost 25% of our shares. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can put these fears to rest? I spent a lot of effort looking for EM patents and found nothing. Now I will look for ESG patents. There is a huge difference between WWM and EM. WWM was a scam from the beginning.
ESG was Paul Elio's first comany, nothing unusual. Keep researching Elio and the truck seat he designed, it has been the topic of what goes right and what goes wrong in trying to bring new products to market.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I can buy a lottery ticket and invest the winnings in EM ... don't have any other way to do so at present, and it's chewing me up. I just can spring even $250 loose right now .... have been hammered for a year ... Not that I would expect to get my money back out safely, but I do believe in the product and the project. Hence the frustration.

Investing in EM is not even a moderately risky bet. But it sure is a morally good thing to do. Wish I could.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This sounds nearly impossible... The site is acting fine for me... are you sure you dont have malware on your computer? antivirus is up to date? sounds like a browser hijack, and I am not sure this site is responsible...

Edit:

ok... I see what is happening. elio motors has changed thier website to redirect to startengine.com to make sure that everyone interested in EM sees it... this was done by EM... Iether that or a well intentioned hacker got into their website and decided not to insert penis jokes....

Update your bookmark to http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors/ if you want to skip the redirect on the main page.
Thought so.

Almost everything on the EM site is in the "pitch" section of EM's section of startengine.com anyway.

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$250 is a good starting point if you have the money to invest. As this is only a pledge of funds, I'm sure when the time comes for them to collect, they will offer you the opportunity to invest more. We may +/- a few bucks to our pledge, we'll see what the offer really is, before making the final decision.;)

Top Bottom