• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has already hinted that the money picture is a lot better than most think.
But since we are all outsiders, we will have to wait for the announcement that he had said is coming up soon.
Coss, I like what you say ... but you can't cash a hint, or drive one for that matter. So you're right, we must just hang in there.

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio says they're now at 81 mpg highway. AND $500 over cost target

The weight of the driver and cargo would surely factor into MPG. I wonder how they came up with "84" to begin with - purely via computer? Some could probably hypermile it to that or higher, even if the EPA said lower.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think you are asking when was this posted? This was from the question and answer PE just had. Production in mid 2016.

No what year they claim they will do this EM has issues with getting the year right.
If they have this all planned for mid 2016 and can pull it off. You are not going to see production at least until late 2017.
So what if the thing only gets 80 MPG close enough .
It was last year they were telling us we would see production at the end of 2015.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The weight of the driver and cargo would surely factor into MPG. I wonder how they came up with "84" to begin with - purely via computer? Some could probably hypermile it to that or higher, even if the EPA said lower.
There are industry tools out there specifically to model this. And there are comparative studies as well as some standardized computational methods. With those a reasonable expectation can be made.

In the case of the P1-4, they have also been able to test these and set expectations for what the new engine and other changes to the body will do. They never state what the P1-4 actually have performed.

The intension is to size up what EPA mileage will be. Hyper mileing is not useful in establishing that.

To be clear also, the 84mpg is what EM determined is possible and set as a target. They have stated an 81mpg expectation is now set and still working at the 84mpg goal.

When the P5(E1) is on the road, they will not be able to state expectation anymore.. They will have to announce what it actually tests as.

Last edited:
Top Bottom