• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My sentiment exactly. Where is the car?

interesting ..... if they are serious, folks who ask that question need to do some reading .... the path that EM has followed to get where it is today is pretty well charted in this forum .... as will be, where it goes from here

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I cannot read the screen shot readily but here is the info in bigger text. Question in GREEN and Paul's answer in BLUE. Thanks!!

How complete is the P5 going to be, in other words what production features will NOT be on the P5?

The P5 will have the right drivetrain, current aerodynamics for the body, updated interior, IAV Elio engine and correct transmission. The main reason for P5 is that anytime you kick off a prototype you find errors in the CAD model. If we kicked off 25 prototypes all at once, everytime we found an error we would have to redo all 25. So, we are kicking off P5 to validate the solid model and we will be kicking off P6-30 late July.

So P5 will be done before late July? Will you be showing that one around the country like you are the P4?

20 weeks is 5 months. Late July is 3 weeks away. But we are going to kick off P6-30 before P5 is done because there is a lot that has to happen before the parts come in and so we want to shortcut the timeline.
One more thing, the P5 will tour once complete.

Thanks Paul! I am willing to be patient (I mean, at the moment I don't even need a car). But thanks for doing this AMA. Educating your audience on what it takes to build a company and a vehicle and all the hills and valleys along the way is almost as important as building the car. There are so many questions and it really helps that you are willing to come and answer them!

What year?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What year?
What year what? The July PE quoted? I think it was a misquote. The P5 build started in June, PE had said the P4 took 20 weeks, and hoped the P5 would go faster, which means the P5 should be out in November. When Paul said "kicking off the P6 etc late July that's when they'll start building them, the "Late July is 3 weeks away" was just thinking out loud because it came after he said 20 week, 5 months; not that it would be done by the end of July.
If you read that whole paragraph you can see that it never says the P5 would be done by July. He was simply giving an overall view.
At least that's the way I understand it to mean.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how did i miss the shirt? where's the pic?

I think this photo may well go viral!
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What year?
I think we will have a clearer picture of the finalized production schedule after the next supplier summit and a successful P5 Build. The 5 is still a P for me as it brings everything together for the first time. The E6-30 to follow.

2016 isn't a feasible production date with all the fundraising and work to do. I'm happy with 2017 or how ever long it takes. No rush here. It's ready when it's ready.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we will have a clearer picture of the finalized production schedule after the next supplier summit and a successful P5 Build. The 5 is still a P for me as it brings everything together for the first time. The E6-30 to follow.

2016 isn't a feasible production date with all the fundraising and work to do. I'm happy with 2017 or how ever long it takes. No rush here. It's ready when it's ready.
There's the small matter of an additional hundred-and-something-million dollars yet to raise. The picture is much brighter than it's been, but there's an awfully large chunk missing to meet a mid-2016 target.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There's the small matter of an additional hundred-and-something-million dollars yet to raise. The picture is much brighter than it's been, but there's an awfully large chunk missing to meet a mid-2016 target.
Paul has already hinted that the money picture is a lot better than most think.
But since we are all outsiders, we will have to wait for the announcement that he had said is coming up soon.

Top Bottom