• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, I find it interesting that EM has no desire to go over $25m, and I think they could have. All the continuing expressions of interest are only lifting the guarantee that all $25m will be collected. So at minimum we can virtually guarantee they will get that money.

EM also said that they would 'firm-up' the production schedule. Is this because they knew they would have to put it to writing for the SEC submission? And is this as close to 'firmed up' we'll get for now?

I have to 'raise my game' of being patent. No mater, I want my Elio!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will be the last release of this chart, since the level is above the point of any reasonable risk to meet the goal, based on what was provided to the SEC. I did project the lines into the future based on this last two days. However, I expect when people find out that the amount is now fixed at $25m, the rate of new expressions will likely fall off. I would expect SE to make a cut-off sometime soon, but who knows?
A-PlusProgram.png

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, John. I just went through it. Not many surprises. They go through money a bit faster than I thought they were though.

Here are my first takeaways:

Of the ATMV loan: As of January 15, 2015, we have received information from the Department of Energy that we have achieved the technical
criteria for the loan and that remaining due diligence is pending upon confirmation of our financial backing, which includes this offering.

On Production timeline: The Company plans to start production in the fourth quarter of 2016 at which time the machinery and equipment will be placed in service.
When they will be delivered: The Elio is in development, and we do not expect to start delivering to customers until the fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest.

How many will they produce before Spot in Line # 00001 gets theirs: Incorporated into the launch is the plan that the first 125 vehicles produced

will not be sold, but utilized for internal purposes.
Yes I noticed that too, and many other goodies of endless discussion fodder. I had been thinking awhile back that EM was ramping things up for getting this bloc of money to build the 25 vehicles might be related to stipulations within the ATVM criteria. I'm glad to see it is, that confirmation within this SEC filing though far from a slam dunk for the loan is a pretty clear indicator that getting to this point had been a barrier to progression to the next step in working out details to approving the loan.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, I find it interesting that EM has no desire to go over $25m, and I think they could have. All the continuing expressions of interest are only lifting the guarantee that all $25m will be collected. So at minimum we can virtually guarantee they will get that money.

EM also said that they would 'firm-up' the production schedule. Is this because they knew they would have to put it to writing for the SEC submission? And is this as close to 'firmed up' we'll get for now?

I think firming up is partly for SEC but much more for DOE as they are evaluating whether they think Elio Motors is a good bet for the loan. ;)

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm...Makes me wonder. If Congress allows for the Elio to receive CAFE credits by allowing autocycles in the program, will insurance companies see this as a "go" to increase the insurance premiums to an automobile level as well.
I'm not seeing that, not yet anyway, maybe when there's a couple million Elio's on the road things might change. Good question though!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think firming up is partly for SEC but much more for DOE as they are evaluating whether they think Elio Motors is a good bet for the loan. ;)
Also, they could have waited another couple of months but that also pushes back production... Being able to say "production scheduled for 2016" sounds a lot better than "production scheduled for 2017". Even if the date is really only 2 months later, it sounds like another whole year.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not seeing that, not yet anyway, maybe when there's a couple million Elio's on the road things might change. Good question though!
Insurance isn't relegated to "motorcycle" and "car" categories. If Ferrari made a $450,000 trike, you can bet it would cost more than $100 a year to insure. The Elio will cost appropriately. Motorcycles are generally cheap to insure because they are only ridden 11 months of the year and not many miles (Oh, that's 2 months a year for you Harley guys :rolleyes:) .

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

4th quarter 2016

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really, the first 38 pages are all that you need to read. The audits follow that, the lease is in there, promotional emails, board member paragraphs, etc. The first 38 pages are the meat of the submission.

Thanks, Ty. You just saved me a ton of homework. I'll study those sections carefully before committing hard-earned funds. ;)

Top Bottom