• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The StartEngine site lists ~9300 reservations. At $50 each, that's $465,000. If bumping up the minimum to $600 excludes 500 people (which I think is *much* higher than the real figure would be) from investing, then that saves EM $25,000.

Given that the average reservation via SE is almost $3,700, there can't be that many people that only indicated $250, and even fewer who won't go with the $600 minimum required by the actual offering.
Yeah, you're right. My savings numbers were probably grossly overestimated as I was assuming that there could be a flood of $250 reservations at some point, but that isn't possible now.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea behind the low dollar amount investment opportunity as well. That doesn't mean that it's practical at the $250 level.

The Reg A+ process is still a huge win for the every day investor. Prior to this, only private placement of accredited investors was allowed, so only the already wealthy had an opportunity to get in this early on a start up. Now even those with a modest portfolio, or even just a good chunk of spare cash, can be involved ($600 is still a fairly small number in investment terms).

Reactions: Ekh

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I first put up a 250 dollar pledge, then raised it to 500. I will find another hundred when the time comes.
My only question right now is, do I need someone to handle it for me, or can I phone it in like my deposit on the Elio? If they keep it simple, then phone or mail it in. If I need to contact my 401 handlers, it'll take more time, and money, just in support of "our" Autocycle.
GO ELIO!, but please hurry, my POS is really on life support!

Slightly off topic, but somehow fitting. I bought a "parts car" to keep mine safely on the road. Started going through it, checking parts, quality and such, and realized it was actually in better shape than mine! So, now mine is the parts car. I tagged both of them for now, and will be selling the hulk that is left of my old car soon.

Now, back on topic,, GO ELIO!!!!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does look like we're on track for 140%, 35m by Friday or so.

By the way, in the Preliminary Offer PDF on the SE website says,
To the extent that we sell more than 2,090,000 shares, the additional net proceeds will be used
for working capital.
That doesn't say by how far, but does suggest the money collected can go over the listed max amount.
From the PDF, it exposes that most money in use by EM is from loans that are convertible to stock. In any liquidation loans are refunded ahead of stock. Loans have no SEC restrictions AFAIK. EM can go get more of those anytime they want, if available. The AVTM makes such cash much more available of course.

It also says
"As of January 15, 2015, we have received information from the Department of Energy that we have achieved the technical criteria for the loan and that remaining due diligence is pending upon confirmation of our financial backing, which includes this offering."

I guess, among other things, this says that EM already has satisfied the 75mpg requirement.

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
cf.jpg

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does look like we're on track for 140%, 35m by Friday or so.

By the way, in the Preliminary Offer PDF on the SE website says,

That doesn't say by how far, but does suggest the money collected can go over the listed max amount.
From the PDF, it exposes that most money in use by EM is from loans that are convertible to stock. In any liquidation loans are refunded ahead of stock. Loans have no SEC restrictions AFAIK. EM can go get more of those anytime they want, if available. The AVTM makes such cash much more available of course.

It also says

I guess, among other things, this says that EM already has satisfied the 75mpg requirement.

I trust the bureaucrats in the DoE as far as I can pick them up and throw them.
And at 71 with a heart condition, that isn't very far.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they (Paul and Ron) will answer some of these funding questions tonight at the fire side chat.
I hope not all the questions will be about "start of production" "Eglin" "yellow" "gas cap" and all the other questions that have been beaten to death.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I first put up a 250 dollar pledge, then raised it to 500. I will find another hundred when the time comes.
My only question right now is, do I need someone to handle it for me, or can I phone it in like my deposit on the Elio? If they keep it simple, then phone or mail it in. If I need to contact my 401 handlers, it'll take more time, and money, just in support of "our" Autocycle.
GO ELIO!, but please hurry, my POS is really on life support!
If you made a reservation on the startengine site, that there will be a few days where you will get to buy your shares before the general public.

My assumption, fwiw, is that you will not need a broker, and that a broker won't be able to do anything for you in a professional capacity, as this is private sale, not over a stock exchange. They may be able to sit next to you and give you moral support or tech support. :) You will almost certainly have to give payment at the time of sale via some electronic method, such as wire transfer or direct bank transfer. (Probably by giving them the routing and acct numbers off your check.) Alternatively, there may perhaps be an allowable delay between the time you commit to the purchase and the time you will have to provide payment. I would imagine you won't be able to mail them a check, but who knows? I don't have time right now to check the offering statement to see if it gives more details, or check the SE site.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope not all the questions will be about..."yellow"....

I talked to a automotive paint wholesale buyer today. I asked about yellow being more expensive than the other standard colors--black, white, blue, red, etc. He informed me that yellow is more expensive than some of them but that RED is the most expensive of any color. So, I no longer believe that yellow is not available because it is more expensive.

Also, one of the spay booths could be updated to the system that allows the color to be changed with the flick of a switch.

Top Bottom