• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This should have been thought out beforehand. Offering a specific entry level and then changing it is a classic bait and switch maneuver .

This does not effect my pledge but its another black eye for Elio. This to me is worse than a delay in the production date.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This should have been thought out beforehand. Offering a specific entry level and then changing it is a classic bait and switch maneuver .

This does not effect my pledge but its another black eye for Elio. This to me is worse than a delay in the production date.
It will effect my pledge. And I bet it will effect many people's pledges. Going from $250 to $600 is a substantial increase to ask someone to give to a company that has no product and has changed their production date numerous times. The risk of this company failing and people losing that money may be acceptable at $250. Maybe not so much at $600.
Plus, at 250, I can do it without having to convince my wife! $600 is a different story, and frankly, I'm not sure I can logically discuss why this is a good idea with the history of issues. I'm emotionally all-in, but you can't logically explain emotions.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will effect my pledge. And I bet it will effect many people's pledges. Going from $250 to $600 is a substantial increase to ask someone to give to a company that has no product and has changed their production date numerous times. The risk of this company failing and people losing that money may be acceptable at $250. Maybe not so much at $600.
Plus, at 250, I can do it without having to convince my wife! $600 is a different story, and frankly, I'm not sure I can logically discuss why this is a good idea with the history of issues. I'm emotionally all-in, but you can't logically explain emotions.

Kind of a catch-22, huh. Not comfortable dropping money on something that doesn't exist, yet will never exist unless you drop the money. [By "you" I mean "interested parties"]

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see this move as a particularly egregious mistake. Remember, this whole process is entirely new. Neither EM or StartEngine knew where the median pledge might fall, so they probably worked out some minimum that would get them to the right total to fund the E series testing at the highest workable cost. Maybe now that all of numbers are in they're finding that it can be done much more efficiently, giving them substantially more net funding than they expected. I, personally, want EM to get the most out of this effort and if that means some people can't afford to invest at this time, then so be it.

Not that I don't have sympathy for those who want to support something they believe in, but can't afford that much risk. I do. It's just that there has to be a cut off somewhere and with an early phase investment like this, the priority has to go to what will best help EM succeed in bringing the Elio to market.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they didn't believe they could afford to offer a $250 buy in than why did they do it? I'm sure they knew of the $50 fee at the beginning? So is the concept that they offer a lower buy in because they weren't sure of the process. Now that they have a better idea they dump the low hanging fruit. It's not a good decision from a PR standpoint. Maybe they don't care about their standing with their vested customers.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see this move as a particularly egregious mistake. Remember, this whole process is entirely new. Neither EM or StartEngine knew where the median pledge might fall, so they probably worked out some minimum that would get them to the right total to fund the E series testing at the highest workable cost. Maybe now that all of numbers are in they're finding that it can be done much more efficiently, giving them substantially more net funding than they expected. I, personally, want EM to get the most out of this effort and if that means some people can't afford to invest at this time, then so be it.

Not that I don't have sympathy for those who want to support something they believe in, but can't afford that much risk. I do. It's just that there has to be a cut off somewhere and with an early phase investment like this, the priority has to go to what will best help EM succeed in bringing the Elio to market.

Way reasonable, must be new here.:))

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please don't take my comments as a negative again the Elio. I'm still looking forward to owning and driving mine. But, as a businessman there are a few situations that should not be breeched. One is offering a price on an item and than changing the price to a higher price mid stream. Most reputable businessmen live with their mistakes. That's business. Ethics are becoming a lost trait.

Top Bottom