• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
What does this mean;

He will need better luck than Aptera Motors. The startup, which had developed an electric three-wheeler, folded in 2011 when the recession made it difficult to line up money from private equity firms and venture capitalists to match a low-interest loan from the DOE's Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing loan program, or ATVM.

I found it in ;

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...luck-and-patience-keep-paul-elios-quest-alive

Is that something that might be a problem after elio gets their DOE Approval?

OMG Kathy Vincent is on new drugs. (in the comments)

AND SUPERMAN IS A BLOGGER ... INTERESTING.............

Hi Lilly May, I did a ton of research on the Aptera. I put a table together about the differences and similarities between Aptera and Elio, hopefully most of the info in that table still applies. I'll see if I can track it down.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
What does this mean;

He will need better luck than Aptera Motors. The startup, which had developed an electric three-wheeler, folded in 2011 when the recession made it difficult to line up money from private equity firms and venture capitalists to match a low-interest loan from the DOE's Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing loan program, or ATVM.

I found it in ;

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...luck-and-patience-keep-paul-elios-quest-alive

Is that something that might be a problem after elio gets their DOE Approval?

OMG Kathy Vincent is on new drugs. (in the comments)

AND SUPERMAN IS A BLOGGER ... INTERESTING.............

Here is it, hope it helps: http://elioowners.com/threads/aptera.1217/page-2#post-49212

Reaction score
I posted than this morning and I've been busy ever since. THANK YOU ALL for the information. I read most of it to hubby. He agrees you all are the best buddies a nut like me can ask for. THANKS. But what did this mean?;

""difficult to line up money from private equity firms and venture capitalists to match a low-interest loan"".

I believe the SEC approval of the stock sale fixed this need for private equity firms and venture capitalists? Or at least postponed it, right?

I didn't know about the many models Aptera tried doing. That was silly. Any old lady could tell you, not to start to many projects at the same time. Besides, I never heard of Aptera till after it failed. It was a sad story but considering the price of the thing and the targeted customers, I had to giggle. No wonder I didn't hear of it, lol. Elio is for Everybody, not just the crazy rich.

Did Aptera need the state laws changed? It didn't have three wheels did it. Besides electric, what was the big deal?

Boy, that last email from elio hit it on the head. I am more sure of this project, then ever.
Elio is a GO.

Reaction score
Remember me telling you about my tax man, marriage advisor, soon to be undertaker, financial advisor and friend? Well, he told me about him buying into a Dollar General Store. He explained how they are making right choices that others weren't will to do. They started small and slowly expanded. He explained their marketing was for absolutely Everybody, not just the folks with vehicles and wide wallets. Folks who just need to run to the corner market and grab something. Not go to the mall. I said, "I like Dollar General" and he said "BINGO". BTW, he told me to married my husband and he told me to invest in Elio ... and how much.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember me telling you about my tax man, marriage advisor, soon to be undertaker, financial advisor and friend? Well, he told me about him buying into a Dollar General Store. He explained how they are making right choices that others weren't will to do. They started small and slowly expanded. He explained their marketing was for absolutely Everybody, not just the folks with vehicles and wide wallets. Folks who just need to run to the corner market and grab something. Not go to the mall. I said, "I like Dollar General" and he said "BINGO". BTW, he told me to married my husband and he told me to invest in Elio ... and how much.
I thought Edgar Cayce died :p

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A point about the ATVM loan guarantee program -- DOE invited EM to apply for this, while Aptera was chasing around trying to get in the door. It now appears that if EM can demonstrate its claims for fuel efficiency and meet the minimum 75 mpg standard which DOE has set for the ATVM program, they will qualify. One of the main purposes behind crowdfunding the P5 and E-series cars is to demonstrate the various claims for efficiency and meet automotive standards for emissions, durability, crash-worthiness, etc and etc and etc ...

If this can happen in the next three to four months it is conceivable (though IMO unlikely) that manufacturing can begin 12/16.

Top Bottom