• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No added crowd funding EM investment for me until there is a product or at least a few of the P5-30's on the test track. It seems that if one can afford a maximum $1k investment it would be better to upgrade their reservation because of the 50% return. Also, if one is planning to finance their Elio an investment is likely not good financial planning.

It seems the investment at this point is in a dream and the acquired EM current and future debt. With that said, I hope it works as one of the funding options for both potential investors and EM.........mostly investors willing to throw more money at the Elio Dream. Go Elio.
Unless share prices zoom more than 50%!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
No added crowd funding EM investment for me until there is a product or at least a few of the P5-30's on the test track. It seems that if one can afford a maximum $1k investment it would be better to upgrade their reservation because of the 50% return. Also, if one is planning to finance their Elio an investment is likely not good financial planning.

It seems the investment at this point is in a dream and the acquired EM current and future debt. With that said, I hope it works as one of the funding options for both potential investors and EM.........mostly investors willing to throw more money at the Elio Dream. Go Elio.

To play devil's advocate, Tesla's IPO was at $17, today it's above $250.;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To play devil's advocate, Tesla's IPO was at $17, today it's above $250.;)
I know the risk with a new startup like EM. Tesla Motors was a totally different scenario funding wise. I don't have a problem with investing in EM, but know the risk and be able to afford potential loss. Obviously, I hope for all investing early a Tesla-like investment experience. I need the P5-10 to even consider it, but I'm overly cautious with my hard earned cash.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, this is something that we can consider and move on if we have confidence in Elio's future. That's the trick with a startup, a great product, great price, great opportunity but can it be pulled off? I think it depends on the individual's view not only on the product but on life. Is it worth taking a risk on anything that is good but not a sure thing? Is it worth the possibility of loss to you if whatever it is fails (people, relationships, projects). If you are the type of person that has taken a risk before and been burnt the whole Elio project is a fool's wager, it may be a good thing but all these deadlines passing stinks of failure or worse, hoodwinkery. There are those that take the possibility of failure in stride, accepting the possibility and knowing it will hurt if it fails but also knowing how glorious success will be as well. I've had my share of both. Married 34 years, 2 great kids and a lot of really unexpected turns. Then again several, um, less than successful career choices and other decisions that didn't turn out. So what about Elio? Another risk, another chance for success or failure. Sooo, we're checking it out and I'm going to guess that we will also take another chance with n unsure result. That's life though, sometimes you look things over, make a decision and go for it. You just have to.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WTF ! After clicking that link all my bookmarks for Eliomotors.com were hijacked and redirect me to that stupid startengine.com. Had to delete the bookmarks, search for EM and re-save. I'd like to pull the friggin plug wires on strartengine.jerks.

This sounds nearly impossible... The site is acting fine for me... are you sure you dont have malware on your computer? antivirus is up to date? sounds like a browser hijack, and I am not sure this site is responsible...

Edit:

ok... I see what is happening. elio motors has changed thier website to redirect to startengine.com to make sure that everyone interested in EM sees it... this was done by EM... Iether that or a well intentioned hacker got into their website and decided not to insert penis jokes....

Update your bookmark to http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors/ if you want to skip the redirect on the main page.

Last edited:

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shucks, I don't know why they hadn't tried this approach before... I've seen one of the other crowdfunding sites get huge response from folks for some widget or other that someone dreams up and far exceed their original funding goals... This is even better in the sense that your being offered stock, so I'm in... For a grand anyway if they do offer it...

"He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
who dares not put it to the touch
to win or lose it all... Montrose's Toast"

h_r :cool:

Top Bottom