• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yes

Thanks again John. I was wondering the same thing about this offer and kickstarter and why elio hadn't jumped on this sooner. Glad your here.
Most likely, Paul Elio would have rather kept all of the company and just gotten a loan. I sure would have. Now, he's finding that option to either be taking too long or perhaps it's off the table. Either way, he decided to get funding now at the expense of selling off shares of the company.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shucks, I don't know why they hadn't tried this approach before... I've seen one of the other crowdfunding sites get huge response from folks for some widget or other that someone dreams up and far exceed their original funding goals... This is even better in the sense that your being offered stock, so I'm in... For a grand anyway if they do offer it...
They were not legally allowed to. This low-budget investment in privately-held firms is newly legal.

"He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
who dares not put it to the touch
to win or lose it all... Montrose's Toast"

h_r :cool:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most likely, Paul Elio would have rather kept all of the company and just gotten a loan. I sure would have. Now, he's finding that option to either be taking too long or perhaps it's off the table. Either way, he decided to get funding now at the expense of selling off shares of the company.

The great advantage of crowd sourcing is that it does not concentrate voting power in the hands of the few, which is what happens when you have sharks or other major investors. It's about the control, and this method lets Paul keep it.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a very specific type of private placement investing which is overseen by the SEC, it's not like Kickstarter other than utilizing the crowd funding term.
John,
Thanks for the clarification... I think this will possibly be a really big boost in funding as there may be a sizable number of investors who might not be interested personally in owning a tandem two seater trike, but can see the potential of both the product and the company and want to invest. Time will tell but I'm planning on spreading the word (and the web site) to friends again and see what happens... Couldn't hurt! IMHO

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
ok... I see what is happening. elio motors has changed thier website to redirect to startengine.com to make sure that everyone interested in EM sees it... this was done by EM... Iether that or a well intentioned hacker got into their website and decided not to insert penis jokes....

Update your bookmark to http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors/ if you want to skip the redirect on the main page.

Well done Thomas. Nah I'm sure Elio Motors did this on purpose, with a redirect to the https://www.startengine.com/startup/elio-motors.

So to clarify, everybody listen up: if you type in eliomotors.com, or use your favorite saved link, it will automatically send you to the above startengine.com web page. All is well, do not be alarmed, keep your seat backs in their upright position. As Thomas said above, use http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors/ to get to the EM website.

Most likely after a short period of time, EM will remove the redirect and all will go back to normal. Not sure how long that period of time may be, could relate to the number of complaints/questions they get, we'll see. :)

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is not public stock offering, it's private placement but without income restrictions. Paul Elio will still retain full ownership of his company, he's not selling shares per se
John,
Thanks for the clarification... I think this will possibly be a really big boost in funding as there may be a sizable number of investors who might not be interested personally in owning a tandem two seater trike, but can see the potential of both the product and the company and want to invest. Time will tell but I'm planning on spreading the word (and the web site) to friends again and see what happens... Couldn't hurt! IMHO

FYI Info on Regulation A and the new A+ investment option.
http://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2015-49.html

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John,

They can only raise a total of $70M... not quite enough but surely getting closer!

Reg A+ will allow companies to raise up to $20MM and $50MM from investors from Tier 1 and Tier 2 offerings, respectively.
https://startengine.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204468089-What-is-Regulation-A-

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They can only raise a total of $70M... not quite enough but surely getting closer!

Reg A+ will allow companies to raise up to $20MM and $50MM from investors from Tier 1 and Tier 2 offerings, respectively.
https://startengine.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204468089-What-is-Regulation-A-
Elio is on the Tier 2 track, not Tier 1, as I read it. They don't need to raise everything, just enough for larger investors to want in on the feeding frenzy, that's when things get really interesting. :D :D :D:D

Top Bottom