• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in! This is not just about money. This is about changing the game. If you want to change the world, you have to start somewhere. This is about more than making a few bucks on an investment. This is about launching a company that can change the way the entire world looks at personal transportation. It's about saving energy; saving the environment; bringing mobility to those that could not otherwise afford it; creating jobs that matter; making our country safer and more prosperous. This is not without risk, but nothing worth doing is without risk. There is a time for discussion and a time for action. We've been discussing long enough. Lets do this: https://www.startengine.com/startup/elio-motors
I like your style!

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Help me out here. I'm confused. which is pretty normal.

I get to StartEngines OK, and waaaay down at the bottom i see reference to "Place your "indication of interest" in Elio Motors through July 31, 2015", but all I see is a 'RESERVE MY SHARES' button. "Reserve My Shares" doesn't quite sound like "Indicate interest" Nit picking, I know.

Clickingn on RESERVE MY SHARES leads to a log in page, with an option to "Sign Up". If I click on "Sign Up" and check the Terms and Conditions, I see what appears to be the old terms - Namely "a natural person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with the person?s spouse, that exceeds $1 million at the time of the purchase, excluding the value of your primary residence" which sounds like the Rule 506 (c) of Regulation D stuff.

Did those that have jumped in on that just ignore that bit? Is there a different sign in I'm missing?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I get to StartEngines OK, and waaaay down at the bottom i see reference to "Place your "indication of interest" in Elio Motors through July 31, 2015", but all I see is a 'RESERVE MY SHARES' button. "Reserve My Shares" doesn't quite sound like "Indicate interest" Nit picking, I know.

Clickingn on RESERVE MY SHARES leads to a log in page, with an option to "Sign Up". If I click on "Sign Up" and check the Terms and Conditions, I see what appears to be the old terms - Namely "a natural person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with the person?s spouse, that exceeds $1 million at the time of the purchase, excluding the value of your primary residence" which sounds like the Rule 506 (c) of Regulation D stuff.

Did those that have jumped in on that just ignore that bit? Is there a different sign in I'm missing?

I went with the statement that had to be checked which said :

" I confirm that this non-binding reservation of interest does not exceed 10% of my annual income or note worth or revenue/net assets for a business, unless I am an accredited investor, in which case there is no legally mandated investment limit. "

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Silly me didn't know I should ignore that part of the T&C and only pay attention to the following bit:

Qualified Purchasers
By registering with the Platform for purposes of subscribing to securities offerings as a non-accredited investor, you represent and warrant that your investment in any Reg A+ offering posted on this site shall not exceed the greater of 10% of your annual income or 10% of your net worth (excluding the value of your primary residence). YOU MUST MEET ONE OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA. WE ARE ENTITLED TO AND WILL RELY UPON YOUR REPRESENTATIONS. You agree that, should any material changes occur that might affect your status as an Accredited Investor, you shall immediately provide StartEngine with notice in writing.

Fairlane58

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm in! This is not just about money. This is about changing the game. If you want to change the world, you have to start somewhere. This is about more than making a few bucks on an investment. This is about launching a company that can change the way the entire world looks at personal transportation. It's about saving energy; saving the environment; bringing mobility to those that could not otherwise afford it; creating jobs that matter; making our country safer and more prosperous. This is not without risk, but nothing worth doing is without risk. There is a time for discussion and a time for action. We've been discussing long enough. Lets do this: https://www.startengine.com/startup/elio-motors
Well said, I'm in at $50,000, this shows how much I believe in the Elio.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You are not being nit picking. This is an example of the sloppiness I hate on the internet. It is necessary to click on words that sound like a commitment when all I want is information. Companies have lost sales from me because of that.

In the old days, paper documents were created by business people who were interested in accuracy. Today, web pages are designed by graphic artist, and artists are only interested in how beautiful something (their web page) is.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just received the following email StartEngine :

"Hi Jim,

Congratulations! Your reservation of $xxxx in is now confirmed. This is a non-binding reservation of interest in Elio Motors’s offering. You will receive an email notification once the company has completed their filing and is ready to raise the capital. At that time, you may complete your investment and become a shareholder!

Thank you,

The StartEngine Team"

it sounds to me like they do plan to go this route as a part of their fund efforts

Top Bottom