• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John, Do you suppose elio already filed ? Do you suppose it was approved already?
Thanks D Borland. :-)
Wicked good questions! I hope EM is ready to file and put the money to work as it rolls in.

I think EM is pushing very hard right now, and I think there's likely good reason, my personal assumption is that DOE has indicated to EM that if they can show them that the production prototypes do what they say, they'll get their loan or though I think less likely at the moment, possibly a private placement from Corporate Fuel Securities has made a similar request for proof of concept. But that's just me. :cool:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
question for those who know more about investing about investing than I do .... in thinking about it, that would be most everybody .... for over $1,000 its pretty easy to determine but up to $1,000, would it be a better investment to go with maxing out an All In reservation or to put the same amount in crowdfunding ....
We don't know the terms for the offering through JOBS Act, we do know the terms (knowing ones SIL and percentage) for upping ones reservation :pop2:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We don't know the terms for the offering through JOBS Act, we do know the terms (knowing ones SIL and percentage) for upping ones reservation :pop2:

understood .... under the current reservation program, it would take a 50% return on the crowd funding just to match the return on an up to $1,000 All In reservation .... looking forward to seeing the terms for the crowd funding program

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM's goal is 84..............the DOE needs verification of the P5's ACTUAL mpg on the IAV engine. Hopefully, it meets the minimum UEV 75 mpg highway requirement. It only makes sense to wait for a running prototype before they can verify requirements and approve the loan. The ball is in EM's court to get the P5 built and tested.

If I was the head of the ATVM loan committee, I would require MPG verification by taking taking the P5 on a 2 day ride and drive before I approved the loan.

The mileage is also tested using 100% gas rather than the 10% or 15% ethanol crap that we get to buy, and it's done on a dyno in a lab.

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Someone could create an account right before the timestamp; do a $500,000 donation; see what the % jumps before and after, you can always click the change reservation amount after that and put back 0

This will give a relation to see if the $ max is really set to $50m, or for what ever reason ($25m to limit share loss) or ($75m to account for non-committers)

Only 25mill; not 50 like everyone thought

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Only 25mill; not 50 like everyone thought
I think they're still shooting for 50, but it looks better and generally is more exciting if the progress bar fills to 25. A campaign is technically a success if it hits 40% I think, so 25 will get them past the success threshold, and they won't say no to more. Now whether they extend the bar like change.org does so that once it hits 25 it then changes out to 50, or whether they do percentages past 100 is anyone's guess. If it were me, I'd do percentages past 100 to get better press.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like there's some pretty extensive user tracking and form encryption + validation on that page, so they've prepared for bot exploits. As for a regular human faker, I don't think it would catch them. Not much you can do to prevent that apart from additional verification steps that would turn away people serious about it. Looks like the updates are done server-side as the page is generated, and based on how often the numbers change, I'd say they're accurate at that moment. They won't update over time without a reload since this isn't a reactive page like my tracker, but reactive is still pretty new and most sites aren't (and don't really need to be) set up for it. I like what they've done! :)
You're slicker than a greased weasel!

Top Bottom