• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Noon 7/9
$17,630,499 4,639 "investors"

This is going very well! Average interest level is $3,800 -- about half an Elio! I wonder if that number is kind of high, though, since this is supposed to be genuine crowd sourcing. I'd love to see a histogram showing the distribution of dollar amounts. Now THAT would tell us something.

Just for fun, I raised my "investment" $25, and that showed up right away on the scorecard -- kept same number of investors, just tweaked the total. I will, of course, honor the increased amount if this goes real. It's a lousy investment, but hey, I care.

Hey! It updated the percent to 71 -- on my crummy $25.00 Yippee!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe wishful thinking, but NOT magical thinking. You may be onto something here. And yeah, we haven't hears a lot about Corporate Fuel lately. My guess on that was that it fizzled, Elio being just too speculative for the really big boys to play.

I think the big guys in private placement do need to see an actual product the public would buy, and why EM thought they were in a better place than they were back in 2013 then again this past January.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the big guys in private placement do need to see an actual product the public would buy

not true AT ALL in Silicon Valley investors and software projects. And they will most certainly want 51% control of the company.

But in the case of a "Real World" piece of hardware, you're probably right.

There are $Bs in private capital (due to, among other things, tax cuts on, plus tax evasion and tax avoidance by the 1%) snooping around looking for solid, high returns. Elio is looking for pocket change compared to those $Bs.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Instant article!(Link to FinTech) With this interesting statement;
What’s interesting about the campaign is that it was run in tandem with the firm also raising money from accredited investors, using Rule 506 of Regulation D, with the firm having greater success with StartEngine. As such, the success can be considered to legitimize the potential of raising money from private investors. To learn more about the record campaign and how Elio Motors achieved its success, Finance Magnates connected with StartEngine’s partner Ron Miller.

This one too at PR News Wire(Link) not quite as interesting however. Just a redistribution of the EM release. But it is interesting that they are now redistributing as a normal course for Elio news.

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
not true AT ALL in Silicon Valley investors and software projects. And they will most certainly want 51% control of the company.

But in the case of a "Real World" piece of hardware, you're probably right.

There are $Bs in private capital (due to, among other things, tax cuts on, plus tax evasion and tax avoidance by the 1%) snooping around looking for solid, high returns. Elio is looking for pocket change compared to those $Bs.
I was just referencing what PE has said previously, that the big money likes to see the actual product before putting that many zeros into the pot. :very_drunk:

Top Bottom