• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If we take a baseline of dollars raised over the first 24h my tracker was live vs. dollars raised over the past 24h, the speed of investment has gone up by around double (disregard the goal of $25m, just talking actual dollars coming in). Adding a tracker seems to be working out very well for them.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The psychology of the tracker is to create a "bandwagon effect." If it's going up briskly, everybody wants to jump on board. Which makes more people jump on board, etc -- stock bubbles work with exactly the same psychology. let's hope this one doesn't have the same eventual outcome!

I do think that suspiciously high jumps in very brief periods of time are fishy -- high-dollar investors go through a different process.

As I understand it, Elio is doing a Tier II offering under the new A+ regulations, which can go for up to $50 million. Tier I can only offer to raise up to $20 million. Investors in a Tier II offering (us) can invest up to 10% of the greater of annual salary or net worth (excluding houses, I think).

The company (Elio in this case) has to meet a number of regulatory requirements to go from testing the waters to actually making the offer of shares. These include Audited financials; compliance with Reg S-X (whatever the heck they are). Also, States can pre-empt SEC requirements and make additional requirements of the company seeking to offer stock through the A+ regs.

My sources for this info were Forbes magazine and techcrunch.com. http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/27/sec-rule-change-gives-startups-an-a-for-capital-formation/

Oh, yeah, the guy who wrote the tech crunch piece knows his stuff; he runs a firm that competes with startengine.com. It's called offerboard.com . They have all kinds of stuff available. Wanna gamble? Looks like we've found a new way to do it.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just had to check one more time before bed at 9pm my time. 4 hours after LillyMay's report at $18mil (her time 8pm, my time 5pm)
75%
Reserved
$18,652,935
Definately a faster rate, bogus submissions or not. I'm guessing more like 5-6% daily. If it averages out 6% daily from here on, that would be about 4.5days to get the full target. So maybe after mid next week. Jul15th.?

Would be nice if someone reported first thing in the morning east coast time, then I can check west coast at 9pm tomorrow night.

5min later $18,674,935

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Very nice!

We all know that this is expressed interest only, and nothing stops a person from saying they'll give huge money when they never intend to, but hey, it's another step toward getting the needed funding.

By my calculations, about another week, and it'll be at 100%.

I contacted my 22 yr old son who lives in Denver, asked him to go to startengine.com and choose an amount. I've talked with him a few times before about the Elio, so he was generally aware already and not really interested. Well, he got very excited at the idea of investing in EM, he's been thinking about investing at his early age. And, he says he wants to buy one. And, he asked about shirts, so I directed him to eliowear.com.

We'll get this done, people. One person at a time if we have to! lol :jaw: :cool2: :amen:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So this morning I found 4 more July 2015 articles, most are echo's of the Funding activity, but word is spreading in kind of a ecosystem dedicated to Elio updates. For this list, I find it more interesting 'who' and about 'what' rather than the actual content.
Crowd Funding News --same but-- Legislation
Power Sports
University
Web News

I'll skip the Joee BoreAss (Jo Borras) article as the waste of time that it is.

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if the rate of growth staggered a bit, slowing down, speeding up, etc. In fact if the growth is anything like constant, something's wrong! We could go a day without anybody investing -- it would be unusual, but not statistically significant. But in fact the growth rate is holding amazingly steady. Go Elio!

A question -- haven't checked this -- are we seeing a correspondent rise in car reservations, or is this crowd simply following the $$. It can't be only us chickens making the "investments."

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would speculate that as much as 30% wont follow through with actually opening their wallets on this. It's easy to say "yea I'm in for $5K" and then have the wife nix the idea (at least that's my personal fear)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bet Elio changed the goal from $50 to $25 million to make sure that they had something achievable. Now it looks as if it should have been higher all along! This is kind of amazing.

Top Bottom