• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
So this morning I found 4 more July 2015 articles, most are echo's of the Funding activity, but word is spreading in kind of a ecosystem dedicated to Elio updates. For this list, I find it more interesting 'who' and about 'what' rather than the actual content.
Crowd Funding News --same but-- Legislation
Power Sports
University
Web News

I'll skip the Joee BoreAss (Jo Borras) article as the waste of time that it is.

You get two big thumbs up from THIS Elio fan for skipping any Borras article. "Bore Ass", I like it!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would speculate that as much as 30% wont follow through with actually opening their wallets on this. It's easy to say "yea I'm in for $5K" and then have the wife nix the idea (at least that's my personal fear)
I've been figuring a 15% slush rate ... people who think better of this much risk or whose wives, as you say, "encourage" them to get braces for little Johnny instead.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been figuring a 15% slush rate ... people who think better of this much risk or whose wives, as you say, "encourage" them to get braces for little Johnny instead.
Yea, I went in for $5k, and the wife was like "sure, no actual money leaving the house, go for it" when it's crunch time I bet she talks me down to $2 or $3k. Hope to catch her in a good mood when the time comes..

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect there is no requirement to limit to the reservation amount either. Some of the early birds, like me, are feeling more confident now, and might actually raise their amounts. I'm not sure either that once it's SEC approved that it's limited to only the reservationists. Probably limited to the requested $25m as submitted, but maybe not to prior reservations. True they get service first at their requested amount, but afterward? Or am I wrong on that?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lowering the amount to $25M rather than $50M gives Elio better headlines later. Rather than "Elio hits 80% of their funding target" which kind of sounds like a failure even though it would be $40M, doesn't sound as good as "Elio blasts through predictions by hitting 160% of their targeted $25 funding drive" (which is the same $40M I used in the first headline)

Bonus Headline: "Elio surges towards production and crushes concerns as they exceed funding goals by 160%!"

Top Bottom