• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love it or hate it, this article addresses some questions we all have.
CNET ARTICLE
http://www.cnet.com/news/funded-tesla-wannabe-elio-motors-raises-big-from-the-crowd-or-did-it/

When I got down to the bottom of the story there popped out this gem ..................
..........."Four of Elio's first prototypes have borrowed engines from other cars. Elio plans to use the money he's raising from the crowd -- or that he isn't -- to build Elio's own engine. By when?"...............
Ya think "Max Taves" (the author) might have skipped "researching before writing" in journalism school?
Right now, he's several months behind the curve.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I got down to the bottom of the story there popped out this gem ..................
..........."Four of Elio's first prototypes have borrowed engines from other cars. Elio plans to use the money he's raising from the crowd -- or that he isn't -- to build Elio's own engine. By when?"...............
Ya think "Max Taves" (the author) might have skipped "researching before writing" in journalism school?
Right now, he's several months behind the curve.
John Painter has posted a correction to the CNET piece. Let's hope they get the message.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
from what we've been told, the internet authors are usually paid by the number of clicks they get on their articles .... the more clicks, the easier it is for their website to get advertising .... Elio has a very large, active following so I can see how they would be motivated to generate articles about EM .... unfortunately, they apparently generate the same $$$ per click if they pirate other info or do their homework

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A pretty good article on the risk and opportunities with Elio's funding efforts, however a glaring error at the end suggesting Elio hasn't yet but an engine, let alone that the company is already working on P5 which will be sporting the new power plant. I had to comment since C/Net is a reputable publication. http://www.cnet.com/news/funded-tesla-wannabe-elio-motors-raises-big-from-the-crowd-or-did-it/
Very good comment John! As my father often quoted "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". The first guy just bashes the writer. He may have deserved it, but who wants to see common trash talk? Very forgettable. But your comment seems so much more reasoned and rife with valuable information. Much more convicting and inviting for all readers. Good job!

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
from what we've been told, the internet authors are usually paid by the number of clicks they get on their articles .... the more clicks, the easier it is for their website to get advertising .... Elio has a very large, active following so I can see how they would be motivated to generate articles about EM .... unfortunately, they apparently generate the same $$$ per click if they pirate other info or do their homework
I think that's the reason the word tesla is in the title and not Elio

Sorry Elio was there, I missed it on first read. , still two buzz words = more hits

Top Bottom