• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes. The crowdfunding campaign is only to get an idea to see what kind of interest is out there to see if it is worth making an offering. You could technically put that you want to invest $50,000 on the site and then not invest at all if that is what you decide (A dick move in my opinion however).

I'll throw a G at it to see what happens. Would like to see business plan and projections etc. before I would agree to anymore. My initial feelings are that this would provide minimal return judging by the current business model we know, assuming they get the funding to be able to build and test another 25 prototypes and then make it to production.

Realistically, with so many hands in the pot already, in order to get a ROI in the future, I would expect the car price would need to be closer to $8,000 in order to put some margin in there to pass back out to investors (as in average price sold, not bumping up the base price to $8k).

Either way, I hope it all works out for us as I really want my Elio yesterday so I can stop putting the miles on my truck and running miles at 18mpg vs 80mpg.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Realistically, it will take a long time for a new startup autocycle company to be profitable enough to pass any profits back to investors. Leave the $6800 base price alone. Please don't turn into greedy crowdfunding investors. lol

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am still young and can sit on my shares for a good 30 years or more...
I'm still old, retired on my earlier investments, and too old to join in on the somewhat risky EM crowdfunding oportunity. I do hope to invest $6800 in the purchase of an Elio to enhance your future EM investment plan. I recommend diversity, don't put all your investment $ into EM.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's good to invest in something you believe in and want to help come to fruition. Still the old rule applies, invest what you can afford to lose. That's what we've done both with the Elio and the crowd funding.

Top Bottom