• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Driven To Owner ?

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's good that you've heard otherwise. As I posted before, I was told that they would be. I let them know how I received a tractor from a flatbed which had other tractors on it. The truck driver was given 3 or 4 tractors to deliver, likely in the same general area, and just called in a local wrecker to your address.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. They have already stated that vehicle delivery will start before the first retail centers open. There will be an as-yet-unspecified alternate method of delivery for the first rush of all-in deliveries.

Company owned retail stores are even illegal in some states. (Like Ohio and Michigan...)
"Some states, including Maryland, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania, have approved laws affirmatively allowing direct-to-consumer auto sales, which lets Tesla open stores and sell its electric cars."
http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...2/16/for-tesla-a-fight-to-sell-in-some-states

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not completely true in Ohio's case. Tesla opened three stores in Ohio before Ohio could react fast enough to change their laws. (Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati) Then Ohio passed a law requiring all motor vehicles to be sold through dealerships, and forbidding manufacturers from owning/operating dealerships. Tesla's three stores were grandfathered, allowing them to continue to operate. However, Tesla is not allowed to open any further stores in Ohio.

Ohio's law also does not allow exemptions for motorcycles. It is for all motor vehicles. This prevents any other company from opening company-owned sales outlets. That includes Elio. Which sucks.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that might be an old or inaccurate article Rob. Because it does say, "affirmatively allowing direct-to-consumer auto sales"
Which, if taken at face value, would mean that any and all mfgs would be free to open direct-to-consumer outlets.

Top Bottom