• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Eagle

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd venture to guess that Chrysler still owns rights to the Eagle name. I love the idea, but wouldn't want our precious new baby to be associated with a defunct product line.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "Eagle" moniker was brought up by another member Ina totally irreverent thread I started, and I should be denied a decoder ring into the Heman Super Trikke Riders Club for even suggesting that The Lord Elio and Saint Paul should need a name other our Elio that art on highway.
But some played along and "Eagle" was about as good as it got and since Ford named a lot of their cars the "F-words"....focus fusion f-150.... Then maybe the "Elio" company could follow suit...but personally when I write "Double-E" I think of another board which called the "Elio" Paul's Eponymous...
I also like typing it as "EE" because when you say it(EE), it comes out as the sound e-e, or e if you are lazy.(when the woman I was married to wanted a parrot I told her she shouldn't get one but if she did I wanted to name it. She got one and had to walk around the house saying "Moo." Then I came home and she had another one. I about hit the roof...but she let me name it....Oink.)
In no way shape or form is anything I have written to be misconstrued as I am telling Elio Motors they must name their car anything...that is their call and I am sure they have looked at every word in every dictionary in every language, so Elio forgive us if we have taken thy name in vain.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These names are gone:
Barracuda (Plymouth)
Beetle (Volkswagen)
Bison (Chevrolet)
Blackhawk (Stutz)
Bluebird (Datsun)
Bobcat (Mercury)
Bronco (Ford)
Cavelier (Chevrolet)
Charger (Dodge)
Cheetah (Chevrolet)
Cobra (Shelby, Ford)
Colt (Mitsubishi)
Cougar (Mercury)
Eagle (AMC)
Firebird (Pontiac)
Fox (Audi, Volkswagen)
Gazelle (Singer)
Honey Bee (Datsun)
Hornet (Hudson, AMC)
Impala (Chevrolet)
Jaguar
Lark (Studebaker)
Leon (Seat)
Marlin (AMC)
Mustang (Ford)
Pinto (Ford)
Puma (Ford)
Rabbit (Volkswagen)
Ram (Dodge)
Raptor (Ford)
Road Runner (Plymouth)
Robin (Reliant)
Sable (Mercury)
Scorpian (Grinnall)
Skylark (Buick)
Spider (Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Ferrari, Fiat)
Stag (Triumph)
Stingray (Chevrolet Corvette)
Sunbird (Pontiac)
Super Bee (Dodge)
Thunderbird (Ford)
Tiger (Sunbeam)
Viper (Dodge)
Wasp (Hudson)
White Eagle (Kissel)
Wildcat (Buick)
SO I propose one that makes sense on three counts. Phoenix. It would be a tribute to the city where our new corporate offices are located. Phoenix is the firebird that rose from the ashes, much as Elio is doing from the dregs of the H2 plant. Phoenix signifies a new beginning, much as our Elio will be doing within the Auto industry.
Just an idea but one that I believe works.
Yes Phoenix was used by Pontiac from 77-84 but should be out of copyright this year, and they used it only as a name rather than a concept.

Last edited:

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I inquired if the EE name was something being mentioned on the tour and here is the response.
I suggested the name Eagle based on being made in America for Americans...also are we sure the name can't be used? I know other companies have used it but...

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggested the name Eagle based on being made in America for Americans...also are we sure the name can't be used? I know other companies have used it but...
I personally prefer "Eagle" I am not sure if anyone knows at this time if it can be used.

Top Bottom