• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Elevated For Better Visibility

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting stoned has been feared since Biblical times.

Groan.png

Then why does RUCrazy like it so much ??

DigitalDan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Elio is taller than the Miata my wife had for a few years and taller than Corvettes. It's also more visible than either when their tops are down. (The cars', not the driver's). Stones usually come flying from the tread of tires, although tailgating gravel haulers is never a good idea, regardless what kind of vehicle you're driving.

Anyone who says they would prefer riding a motorcycle because of safety concerns is smoking too much cannabis. There's no way a motorcycle is safer and more visible. Even on clear, sunny days. Have at it, Evel... Just don't start bitching when it's cold, or raining, or 105º, or snowing, or your airbags don't deploy when granny slams on the brakes and stops short.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cars hit freight trains, or get hit by them every day.
Maybe they should make them bigger! :brick:

Edit:
My point is...even if the Elio was "as big as a freight train" it will still be involved in accidents. EM is doing their best to make it as safe as possible. ;) :D

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard similar "concerns" about being visible enough in my smart car and even on my recumbent trike. All baseless concerns, if you ask me. I found that the more novel a vehicle is, the more visible it is, irrespective of its relative height. People can't help noticing something that they haven't seen before or don't see very often. Ask yourself this: The last time you encountered a Lamborghini or Ferrari, did you have trouble seeing it? I bet the answer is no, although those types of cars are several hands shorter than an Elio.

I've found drivers tended to give me much more of a buffer zone around my unusual vehicles than my "normal" ones.
I was on a tour of a museum with several well restored automobiles from the 1920's and 30's. The tour guide informed us that each year they took the autos on a 50 miles trip to a local park, had a picnic, and returned, all by driving on the freeways and public roads.

One lady asked: Aren't you afraid you will have an accident?

The tour guide replied: We don't have accidents. We cause them.

Top Bottom