• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Engine Specs Finally Released After Successful Dyno Test!

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe Elio Motors are keeping us inform about what is going on every Friday evening through e-mail, plus other e-mail from time to time that may benefit us. Yes, Paul know about the 38,000 reservation holder are waiting, and the production is coming in 2016. We are all waiting patient, and we have no control over the company. Just hang on and we will be ok, and it will happen soon. :D

While the weekly emails are all good and well, I think what people really want to know about are what's causing the delays when they occur...

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While the weekly emails are all good and well, I think what people really want to know about are what's causing the delays when they occur...

I believe they have. I have been a reservation holder for just at a year (2 delays). Each time, Paul has sent an e-mail to all reservation holders explaining the delay.

http://elioowners.com/threads/1-16-2016-letter-from-paul-elio.5609/

Paul also has held several "Town Hall" meetings with select reservation holders. There are a couple on this sight. Paul has been transparent in these meeting and that has been documented by those in attendance.

http://elioowners.com/threads/paul-...motors-invitation-only-event.5619/#post-81926

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I see it everyone has two options, sell your reservation on E-Bay if you can or Sit back and wait.
When we put down our money for a reservation we had the choice of refundable (but I wanted a production number so I went all in).
I could have made a refundable reservation just like everyone else could have. now there is a delay, get over it!
If you decided to get a non-refundable reservation, you decided to see Paul's vision thru to production and
if you didn't anticipate any delays you're crazy. I am tired of people complaining about their own choices.

End of rant and sorry to anyone I have insulted

One, or even a couple delays is one thing, but this whole thing has been nothing but delay after delay, and many went without any explanations...I know you're probably gonna tell me tough cookie, go sell my reservation on E-Bay or whatever, but I'm sorry, that's not the way to handle this. Whether the company is obligated to keep us informed or not, what is the harm in doing so? Would it really be that difficult to issue a simple statement stating why there's a delay? Wouldn't it be better for all concerned if we all knew what was going on? Look at the number of posts in this forum from people in doubt...wouldn't it be better to clear the doubt, or should they just continue on keeping us in the dark?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe they have. I have been a reservation holder for just at a year (2 delays). Each time, Paul has sent an e-mail to all reservation holders explaining the delay.

http://elioowners.com/threads/1-16-2016-letter-from-paul-elio.5609/

Paul also has held several "Town Hall" meetings with select reservation holders. There are a couple on this sight. Paul has been transparent in these meeting and that has been documented by those in attendance.

http://elioowners.com/threads/paul-elio-town-hall-meeting-january-17th-2015-elio-motors-invitation-only-event.5619/#post-81926

They occasionally let us know when there is a delay, but not always, and they should do it always...

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They occasionally let us know when there is a delay, but not always, and they should do it always...

Like I said, since my reservation, there have been two delays and both times everything was addressed in the manner I mentioned. I am unaware of any other delays during that time.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said, since my reservation, there have been two delays and both times everything was addressed in the manner I mentioned. I am unaware of any other delays during that time.

I don't know where you came up with this...there has been more than 2 delays on the start of production alone...

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know where you came up with this...there has been more than 2 delays on the start of production alone...
I put my deposit down in January 2014. Expected production was first quarter of 2015. That was pushed back to later part of 2015. Now its first half of 2016. That is two changes from the original expectation (from when i put a deposit down).

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

The fact is that there have only been four delays and three of the four delays are directly attributable to the delay in acquiring the plant which was completely outside of EM's control.

Brief EM timeline:

January 2013 - Elio Motors began accepting reservations from the public with the intention of building vehicles in the Shreveport plant in June 2014. Elio Motors has purchased plant equipment and is working on a multi-party deal whereby Caddo Parish acquires the plant property and leases it to IRG who in turn subleases a portion to Elio Motors. Deal expected to close at the beginning of September 2013.

August 2013 - After deal is approved by the Caddo Parrish commissioner the lone commissioner who dissents files lawsuit and injunction against the plant deal thus everything grinds to a hault as this issue is dealt with. EM announces this will cause a delay in production as their funding arrangements are contingent on securing the plant. EM hopes to begin production in the fourth quarter of 2014 as long as plant closing is not delayed too long.

November 2013 - EM announces further production delay to first or second quarter of 2015 as the plant deal has yet to close due to the lawsuit.

May 2014 - EM finally takes control of the plant site after lawsuit is resolved and state intervention in the deal causes a further delay. Production is delayed to third quarter of 2015. Paul Elio discusses that funding is running low and EM is waiting for $7.5 million investment from IRG which was supposed to follow plant closing before they can do anything. PE states in interview that after the funding from IRG arrives, no date on this given however he mentions it take a little bit of time, EM must begin all over again on funding as the delay in securing the plant has completely disrupted the funding deals which had been in place.

January 2015 - EM announces delay of production to the first half of 2016 with the stated stated reason being funding. Further information given via interviews and statements before Caddo Parrish commission is that the funding EM expected to have at this point to complete the vehicle development program has not yet been secured. EM is working on several funding options simultaneously both for funding the vehicle development and for the further round of funding which will be needed to prepare the Shreveport plant for production.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The fact is that there have only been four delays and three of the four delays are directly attributable to the delay in acquiring the plant which was completely outside of EM's control.

Brief EM timeline:

January 2013 - Elio Motors began accepting reservations from the public with the intention of building vehicles in the Shreveport plant in June 2014. Elio Motors has purchased plant equipment and is working on a multi-party deal whereby Caddo Parish acquires the plant property and leases it to IRG who in turn subleases a portion to Elio Motors. Deal expected to close at the beginning of September 2013.

August 2013 - After deal is approved by the Caddo Parrish commissioner the lone commissioner who dissents files lawsuit and injunction against the plant deal thus everything grinds to a hault as this issue is dealt with. EM announces this will cause a delay in production as their funding arrangements are contingent on securing the plant. EM hopes to begin production in the fourth quarter of 2014 as long as plant closing is not delayed too long.

November 2013 - EM announces further production delay to first or second quarter of 2015 as the plant deal has yet to close due to the lawsuit.

May 2014 - EM finally takes control of the plant site after lawsuit is resolved and state intervention in the deal causes a further delay. Production is delayed to third quarter of 2015. Paul Elio discusses that funding is running low and EM is waiting for $7.5 million investment from IRG which was supposed to follow plant closing before they can do anything. PE states in interview that after the funding from IRG arrives, no date on this given however he mentions it take a little bit of time, EM must begin all over again on funding as the delay in securing the plant has completely disrupted the funding deals which had been in place.

January 2015 - EM announces delay of production to the first half of 2016 with the stated stated reason being funding. Further information given via interviews and statements before Caddo Parrish commission is that the funding EM expected to have at this point to complete the vehicle development program has not yet been secured. EM is working on several funding options simultaneously both for funding the vehicle development and for the further round of funding which will be needed to prepare the Shreveport plant for production.
Thank you. I know you had posted this before, but i used the search and couldn't find it. Confirms that since I went all in in January 2014, there have been two announced delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom