• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have been coming into this forum for over a year, but have not posted or signed in a long time. I basically am kissing my deposit goodbye, and have come to the true fact this 'car' will never be produced. Its just mathematics that it can't be done.
And it bothers me that I saw the Elio display at Barret Jackson a month ago, and the salespeople were all excited about the Elio and were offering the all in 50% bonus again to unsuspecting suckers.

Sorry, its just the way I feel, and from reading all the posts, seems Elio is being extremely deceptive, and not honest at all.

Ok, going back to driving my 3 wheel slingshot, which is in my garage.

Thanks all.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been coming into this forum for over a year, but have not posted or signed in a long time. I basically am kissing my deposit goodbye, and have come to the true fact this 'car' will never be produced. Its just mathematics that it can't be done.
And it bothers me that I saw the Elio display at Barret Jackson a month ago, and the salespeople were all excited about the Elio and were offering the all in 50% bonus again to unsuspecting suckers.

Sorry, its just the way I feel, and from reading all the posts, seems Elio is being extremely deceptive, and not honest at all.

Thanks all.
Short and sweet.
Or bitter...o_O

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks all.

Enjoy the Slingshot. It looks like a very fun vehicle! I don't agree with your outlook on the Elio, but certainly respect the way you feel. I hope Paul and company proves me right.

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Short and sweet.
Or bitter...o_O

What probably bothers me the most is all of us losing deposit's, and even more so, are all the people that sign up NOW, maybe unaware of all the problems there currently are. Its hard for me to like a company that cant be forthright from the beginning, and tell customers that there is a good chance this car will never be produced. NOPE, its give me 1000.00 and I'll give you a 500.00 BOGUS with that.

Look, I am on OUR side, we are all the honest ones. Its about time Paul stepped up and told us the truth, put away the smoke and mirrors, and talk facts.
He cant because there is no logical way to explain how this can go into production, and If by chance they figure it out, we will then have a 10,000 Elio because the original numbers just don't work.

Our hard earned deposits are being spent on trying to get more hard earned deposits, kind of like the dog chasing his tail.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What probably bothers me the most is all of us losing deposit's, and even more so, are all the people that sign up NOW, maybe unaware of all the problems there currently are. Its hard for me to like a company that cant be forthright from the beginning, and tell customers that there is a good chance this car will never be produced. NOPE, its give me 1000.00 and I'll give you a 500.00 BOGUS with that.

Look, I am on OUR side, we are all the honest ones. Its about time Paul stepped up and told us the truth, put away the smoke and mirrors, and talk facts.
He cant because there is no logical way to explain how this can go into production, and If by chance they figure it out, we will then have a 10,000 Elio because the original numbers just don't work.

Our hard earned deposits are being spent on trying to get more hard earned deposits, kind of like the dog chasing his tail.
Maybe.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

YOU HAVEN'T LOST YOUR DEPOSIT! Unless of course you gifted it to Elio Motors. The Elio is still a long way from vaporware and you are driving a Slingshot! What the hell are you complaining about?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks all.
I'm curious about what mathematics can't be done. I mean, besides the money, which is financing instead of math, what don't you think can't be accomplished?
The MPG?
The price?
The design?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I can understand how a person could look at things and come away with that impression .... none of us outside EM know just how well/poorly things are going .... when I look at what is known about the current state of affairs, I don't come to the same conclusion .... a conclusion which I openly acknowledge may or may not end up being correct .... to me the good news is, we should know one way or the other within the next few months

Top Bottom