• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been coming into this forum for over a year, but have not posted or signed in a long time. I basically am kissing my deposit goodbye, and have come to the true fact this 'car' will never be produced. Its just mathematics that it can't be done.
And it bothers me that I saw the Elio display at Barret Jackson a month ago, and the salespeople were all excited about the Elio and were offering the all in 50% bonus again to unsuspecting suckers.

Sorry, its just the way I feel, and from reading all the posts, seems Elio is being extremely deceptive, and not honest at all.

Ok, going back to driving my 3 wheel slingshot, which is in my garage.

Thanks all.
Enjoy- great ride

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Automotive forums can be rough places to hang out. I have seen people buy a perfectly reliable car, then spend lots of time on a forum reading about problem after problem that people are having, and then sell their car in a panic because they are certain that they will have all the same problems that they read about.

It is only a little different here. People get on here every day and there is still no Elio. Of course there is not. They've told us that it won't be out until the first half of 2016, and that may change again. The rational thing to do would be to log off and check back again in the first half of 2016. That won't happen, because we are all too anxious about it to stay away.

It's like checking on stock prices or your 401k every day. It doesn't do any good in the long run... it just makes you more nervous about it every day.

The good news is that things are still moving along. There are people working for Elio who have worked on many other successful automotive projects. They are still getting laws changed... still showing the prototypes... still drumming up interest. I am still optimistic.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What probably bothers me the most is all of us losing deposit's,.

FalLadySinging_zpsac84a4a9.jpg

Hasn't happened yet.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What probably bothers me the most is all of us losing deposit's, and even more so, are all the people that sign up NOW, maybe unaware of all the problems there currently are. Its hard for me to like a company that cant be forthright from the beginning, and tell customers that there is a good chance this car will never be produced. NOPE, its give me 1000.00 and I'll give you a 500.00 BOGUS with that.

Look, I am on OUR side, we are all the honest ones. Its about time Paul stepped up and told us the truth, put away the smoke and mirrors, and talk facts.
He cant because there is no logical way to explain how this can go into production, and If by chance they figure it out, we will then have a 10,000 Elio because the original numbers just don't work.

Our hard earned deposits are being spent on trying to get more hard earned deposits, kind of like the dog chasing his tail.
"Our hard earned deposits" strike me as rather amusing for someone with a Slingshot? With many extras costing way more than your 1k (if you have made the 1k commitment) and after all rationalizations it's a toy

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been coming into this forum for over a year, but have not posted or signed in a long time. I basically am kissing my deposit goodbye, and have come to the true fact this 'car' will never be produced. Its just mathematics that it can't be done.
And it bothers me that I saw the Elio display at Barret Jackson a month ago, and the salespeople were all excited about the Elio and were offering the all in 50% bonus again to unsuspecting suckers.

Sorry, its just the way I feel, and from reading all the posts, seems Elio is being extremely deceptive, and not honest at all.

Thanks all.
Sorry to hear that, hope you enjoy the Slingshot, I've heard from a buddy its fast as hell and handles like an Indy car after the fix.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..... I basically am kissing my deposit goodbye...

Thanks all.

And which part of NON-refundable did you not understand ???

You COULD have made a REFUNDABLE deposit, but CHOSE to go "All - In" !

Enjoy your slingshot :p

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Our hard earned deposits" strike me as rather amusing for someone with a Slingshot? With many extras costing way more than your 1k (if you have made the 1k commitment) and after all rationalizations it's a toy

Just because someone has lots of money doesn't mean their money isnt hard earned.

If I work my ass off, it is still hard earned. It doesnt matter what I spend it on

Top Bottom