• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Forum!
I'm new to the group, but have been following Elio for the past year. I'm intrigued by the vehicle and would like to own one, but I'm hesitate to put down a deposit. If you were me, would you do an "All In" reservation now or not?
Probably not.
If I knew then what I know now, I would not put money down.
That being said, I'm glad I committed and will wait this thing out.
Welcome!

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Forum!
I'm new to the group, but have been following Elio for the past year. I'm intrigued by the vehicle and would like to own one, but I'm hesitate to put down a deposit. If you were me, would you do an "All In" reservation now or not?

Only you can answer that. I did because i believe in the project and that it will be built. I also put money down knowing there is a chance it won't. Like any new business, there are risks. Don't put money into this blindly. I have no regrets and still have faith.

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello Forum!

anybody that wants to fish, we will have a can a worms opened for you soon.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Forum!

Welcome to the "malestrom". To answer your question, YES!! if you believe like many of us that it will happen and NO if you don't! We'll support you either way. :)
Now this is a real, honest, repartee, something refreshing! :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Forum!

welcome indeed .... only you can decide what is best for you .... at this point, for folks who what a first year production model but who have concerns about the terms of an "All In" reservation, might be wise to consider a "Want In" reservation .... if the company goes under your money is protected .... if it doesn't you will be on the list and can upgrade if/when you have less concerns .... you do lose the bonus and T-shirt .... Elio still gets to add to its number of reservations which helps then in several ways

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Forum!

Hello and Welcome. If it were me, at this point and time, I'd say no. I'd wait to see what's going on with the engine, or at least something more positive coming from Elio.

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I totally want one (and have the money in the bank waiting) but face it with the way Elio handles PR kinda makes one have second thoughts on if it will be quality built.
As for those that don't like what Facebook says why do keep going there? I never joined FB or plan on it. But I do hear a lot of what is said there.

"How hard can it be to get this scheduled?"
I wonder WHY no schedule but most of all I wonder why they haven't just told us IF they have a running engine and WHY,WHAT is the problem of not showing us.

You always got more from being upfront and honest and by keeping those that are on board up with what is going on.

As for the Positive and Negative on the Elio it's just like a football game. If you think you are right and are better then put up the play (PROOF) to prove your point to the other side. No need it banding them, calling names or shutting them out.

Don't kid yourself, Elio has someone on here running interference for them. That you can count on. If I were on Elio's Team I sure would have someone on every forum out there pushing for success. It's just good business.

I would tell Elio to get off the pot if you want Elio to make it. Get at least 5 Elio's on the road for people to drive. STOP hauling one warn out Elio all over the country and not being the one that will be produced. People want to see what they are getting.
And it doesn't take $500,000.00 to built one. That is the biggest POS Elio has ever posted.
Tube Frames are built for very little, and Elio says most parts OFF THE SHELF so where does the cost of 500K come in?

Personally I think Paul just got the figures wrong on that McDonalds napkin. I see no way for profit to be made at $6800. But if they want to sell one for that I'm sure they will have people standing in line.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably not.
If I knew then what I know now, I would not put money down.
That being said, I'm glad I committed and will wait this thing out.
Welcome!
What many don't seem to understand is a lot of use went all in and are still hope to see ELIO make it. I do not regret the $1000 and if it is lost so what.
I do question ELIO management is sucks. It is what will hold Elio back not move it forward. The only way it will change is if we call them out.

Top Bottom