• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Overly positive and overly negative? That reminds me of the saying: "Every body who drives slower than me is an idiot, and everybody that drives faster than me is a maniac."

It is a human tendency to think that our own perceptions, conclusions and actions are centered and correct. Which is why discussion is interesting. Even the insults, name-calling, and "just go away" comments provide insight as to both the validity of the positions and the style of the participants.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Forum!
I'm new to the group, but have been following Elio for the past year. I'm intrigued by the vehicle and would like to own one, but I'm hesitate to put down a deposit. If you were me, would you do an "All In" reservation now or not?
Hey dwarasim, welcome to the Elio Family! To answer your question "Yes I would!" However, we have the cash to invest in someone's dream and can take the financial hit if things don't pan out. If we were cash strapped, We would take into consideration what we could afford $100 refundable or $1000 nonrefundable either way, we would still follow what's going on and hope things get worked out. You need to make the decision based on your own personal finances and what "you" believe will happen in the future. Not sure?, then wait! Think it will happen, jump in! Good luck in making up your mind, on waiting or jumping!:)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Overly positive and overly negative? That reminds me of the saying: "Every body who drives slower than me is an idiot, and everybody that drives faster than me is a maniac."

It is a human tendency to think that our own perceptions, conclusions and actions are centered and correct. Which is why discussion is interesting. Even the insults, name-calling, and "just go away" comments provide insight as to both the validity of the positions and the style of the participants.
I didn't name call (idiot/maniac) and in your scenario both drivers potentially cause accidents on the journey. I am cautious of both and drive the speed limit. That has nothing to do with being overly optimisic or pessimistic. I would rather hang out with overly optimistic Elio people, but one needs to be centered. No room for name calling in my opinion, but does validate a style.

Hawk521

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I put a deposit on my Elio almost a year ago. And I fully realize there is no guarantee anything will come of it. At the time I just wanted to put a little skin in the game to feel like a participant. And, hey, I got this really cool T-shirt and a bumper sticker....

The one thing that troubles me recently is the slow trickle of information coming directly from Elio Motors (or Paul himself). It is one thing to read the ramblings of the fanboys on the forum(s). But what I need to hear are some weekly (at a minimum) updates of where things stand, what obstacles remain, and some insight on the next few weeks of activity. IOW, give us something tangible to show that SOMEONE is actually working on moving the project toward its goals.

The postponed engine demonstration was a disappointment to say the least. To make it worse, the excuse given was sort of weak. And worst - the fact that it has not yet happened nor been officially rescheduled verges on inexcusable. Elio should not leave the true believers dangling in the wind!

I'm not knocking Elio Motors. Or Paul Elio for that matter. Just trying to post my thoughts that they need to be more forthcoming on these things. And they need to communicate more often with factual status updates. Statements that "we aren't there yet" are just too nebulous to fill the void.

Perhaps they are providing this insight regularly and I just don't know where to see their updates???

-Hawk

dwarasim

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I do like the additional $500.00 bonus to my deposit and a lower reservation #, but chancing $1,000.00 it not an easy decision. I'm not really cashed strapped, but I usually don't give away $1,000 either. I do agree with the concept and providing more jobs for America.

Jim H - a very interesting look at your reservation deposit. $1,000 worth of entertainment and educational value from new experiences.

I feel now, I will wait. Once I see the motor prototype on display and some hiring at the production plan I will reserve.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and advice.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I put a deposit on my Elio almost a year ago. And I fully realize there is no guarantee anything will come of it. At the time I just wanted to put a little skin in the game to feel like a participant. And, hey, I got this really cool T-shirt and a bumper sticker....

The one thing that troubles me recently is the slow trickle of information coming directly from Elio Motors (or Paul himself). It is one thing to read the ramblings of the fanboys on the forum(s). But what I need to hear are some weekly (at a minimum) updates of where things stand, what obstacles remain, and some insight on the next few weeks of activity. IOW, give us something tangible to show that SOMEONE is actually working on moving the project toward its goals.

The postponed engine demonstration was a disappointment to say the least. To make it worse, the excuse given was sort of weak. And worst - the fact that it has not yet happened nor been officially rescheduled verges on inexcusable. Elio should not leave the true believers dangling in the wind!

I'm not knocking Elio Motors. Or Paul Elio for that matter. Just trying to post my thoughts that they need to be more forthcoming on these things. And they need to communicate more often with factual status updates. Statements that "we aren't there yet" are just too nebulous to fill the void.

Perhaps they are providing this insight regularly and I just don't know where to see their updates???

-Hawk
There is little progress to report until the funding is secured to move forward.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't name call (idiot/maniac) and in your scenario both drivers potentially cause accidents on the journey. I am cautious of both and drive the speed limit. That has nothing to do with being overly optimisic or pessimistic. I would rather hang out with overly optimistic Elio people, but one needs to be centered. No room for name calling in my opinion, but does validate a style.
Rick, it's comments like that that make me question my communication skills. What you apparently received was not what I sent. I never said, and did not mean to imply that you had called anyone an idiot or a maniac. I was pointing out a perspective. I am sorry that you thought that I called you a name.

Again, we all tend to think that our point of view is correct, and in the center, because we can almost always find those with opinions on either side of ours.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Forum!
I'm new to the group, but have been following Elio for the past year. I'm intrigued by the vehicle and would like to own one, but I'm hesitate to put down a deposit. If you were me, would you do an "All In" reservation now or not?
Whereabouts in Brooklyn- I grew up In Bensonhurst, and came back early ''70's when Brownstones were still affordable near Prospect Park

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Forum!

Welcome to the forum.
Since I know nothing about your personal finances I can't answer your question.
I can tell you that based on my personal finances, and having followed Elio for some time, I made the decision to go "all in" at the $100 level on February 9, 2015.
If Elio fails, I'm out $100.
If not, I'll have a fun little vehicle.
In any case, analyze your financial position and make the decision that's appropriate for your condition.
Again, Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom