• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a long time Harley rider/owner. In my mind, the Elio will be a far SAFER ride than any motorcycle! I may even sell my Harley after I get the Elio. I think that many non motorcycle riders are afraid of the Elio just because of it's size which to them is so much smaller than what they are accustom to and those sentiments are expressed by all the "rolling coffin" comments on Facebook... I suspect that there is a larger percentage of motorcycle riders/owners in the Elio supporters group than in the general public. Just the thought of riding a motorcycle scares a lot of people so Elio Motors needs to rely on we "bikers" in getting this thing off the ground. After Elio starts being seen on the roads, I think, non-bikers will become more accepting of this radical new vehicle and sales will respond accordingly. What about a new group poll to see what percentage of "bikers" there are in this group?

I'm 50+ biking, just to add, I remember when VW got here the same concerns about safety, were quickly dashed.
There too the risk was offset by the price,ease of (self)service, economy, and quality and once they started being seen- we know the rest......

Durk Jenkins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have been coming into this forum for over a year, but have not posted or signed in a long time. I basically am kissing my deposit goodbye, and have come to the true fact this 'car' will never be produced. Its just mathematics that it can't be done.
And it bothers me that I saw the Elio display at Barret Jackson a month ago, and the salespeople were all excited about the Elio and were offering the all in 50% bonus again to unsuspecting suckers.

Sorry, its just the way I feel, and from reading all the posts, seems Elio is being extremely deceptive, and not honest at all.

Ok, going back to driving my 3 wheel slingshot, which is in my garage.

Thanks all.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I look at the board of directors and the puff announcements, I immediately see the parallel with scam mining companies. Give the retired ex CEO's some peanuts and promises in exchange for the use of their names. Wine and dine them with families in the sun a few times per year.
If the Elio numbers made any sense at all, surely some of the smart, loose money from silicon valley with their green cover paint would be jumping in to make it happen? This vehicle using the ICE is the perfect step to electric a few years down the road. Or ICE for distance and electric for 200 mile range right now!
The only reason I am not all in and pissed off is Paul could not produce a cost effective seat, so the odd's on producing a car are very bad.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I look at the board of directors and the puff announcements, I immediately see the parallel with scam mining companies. Give the retired ex CEO's some peanuts and promises in exchange for the use of their names. Wine and dine them with families in the sun a few times per year.
If the Elio numbers made any sense at all, surely some of the smart, loose money from silicon valley with their green cover paint would be jumping in to make it happen? This vehicle using the ICE is the perfect step to electric a few years down the road. Or ICE for distance and electric for 200 mile range right now!
The only reason I am not all in and pissed off is Paul could not produce a cost effective seat, so the odd's on producing a car are very bad.
Demain ce sera mieux

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much. You probably wouldn't be able to buy one up there until 2020 (assuming a 2016 start date). No sense in getting yourself all worked up over it. :cool:

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are not an "official" Elio forum. You are talking about Elio's Support, and yes they have responded to my questions through that forum https://eliomotors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Elio is not an "official" vehicle manufacturer either . I agree with those that believe that a representative from Elio should participate in this forum .
Answering a few benign questions with honest answers would go far in building integrity . It may even serve to glean additional deposits .
Some of us have nothing in common with the blind faith crowd .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is not an "official" vehicle manufacturer either . I agree with those that believe that a representative from Elio should participate in this forum .
Answering a few benign questions with honest answers would go far in building integrity . It may even serve to glean additional deposits .
Some of us have nothing in common with the blind faith crowd .
Ah, but you do have something in common- Your interest in the Elio?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. VW advertised the Jetta TDI I used to have would get 45 mpg highway, that's what's on the sticker. I always used to tell the guys at the shop when I went in for service I was going to complain about false advertising because I was actually getting 47 to 53mpg highway when I was driving to Boston weekly. Of course now I have my wife's old V70 waiting for my Elio.

Speaking of VW- do you think EM will offer this as an option? (Yea I know it ain't a vw, but you get the idea).
I Thought it was a rip when iI first saw it, and w/no rear window..........
425416cc.jpg

Top Bottom