• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Finance

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
paying someone or something $.03 to roll a dollar worth of coins seems WELL worth it in my opinion. I have much better things to do than sit hunched over coins counting and sorting them... If you paid your kids that money, they'd probably end up spending whatever they made on stuff you would have bought them anyway which effectively pays yourself back.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No offense to you or CoinStar, but I never got why anyone would use it. The one in the grocery store near me takes 7% (that is a huge give up to me). Why not just haul the change a for a few extra minutes, get some groceries then let the cashier count the change for 0% then keep the paper money you would have used to buy grocery? Alternatively open a checking or savings account at a bank, I am sure they would be happy to count your deposit for free also. Maybe I am missing something. Please let me know if I am.

Others have covered most of this, a lot of banks will not take loose change and the grocery store does not have to accept it.

But if the store does take it there is also the fact that you are making some poor cashier count out hundreds of dollars in change and having the store shut down that lane until the counting is done just because you did not want to do the counting yourself? Super douchey move. Just because you can do something does not mean you should.

Top Bottom