• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio From Parts Already Available

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is BS.
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.
Are these already being used on cars and cycles now? If so can you name them?

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is BS.
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.

I remember something about using existing parts where possible.

Examples of existing designs that CAN be integrated easily:

Wiper motor
Alternator
Starter motor
All filters
Power window motors
Door lock solenoids
Steering column, steering wheel, all stalks & switches
Brake rotors, calipers, and pads
Wheels (at least the front)
Water pump
Fuel pump
Injectors
Coils for coil-on-plug (pretty generic, my old C10 Concours is running Yamaha R1 coils)
A/C compressor & evaporator
O2 sensors

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I think this is BS.

IIRC, they've said something like 80% off-the-shelf parts? Assume they mean quantity and not cubic feet.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'IIRC, they've said something like 80% off-the-shelf parts? Assume they mean quantity and not cubic feet."

You can look at the Elio and tell that figure isn't going to hold water.

Is that something like the production date early 2014, Price $6800.00 and the 84 MPG?

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can look at the Elio and tell that figure isn't going to hold water.

Wayne, it's a goal, not a gospel.

I'm confused by your constant assault on the Elio. I'm a skeptic myself (been meaning to update my sig to March 2016), but I don't feel the need to poop on every failure I see in Elio's plan. If you don't think it's going to get made or live up to the promises, why spend the time and effort to poop on it rather than just ignoring it? Not meaning to insult, just trying to understand motives.

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm confused by your constant assault on the Elio. I'm a skeptic myself (been meaning to update my sig to March 2015), but I don't feel the need to poop on every failure I see in Elio's plan. If you don't think it's going to get made or live up to the promises, why spend the time and effort to poop on it rather than just ignoring it? Not meaning to insult, just trying to understand motives.

Hee hee... you said poop...!:D

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm confused by your constant assault on the Elio. I'm a skeptic myself (been meaning to update my sig to March 2015), but I don't feel the need to poop on every failure I see in Elio's plan. If you don't think it's going to get made or live up to the promises, why spend the time and effort to poop on it rather than just ignoring it? Not meaning to insult, just trying to understand motives.

I believe in facts. I'm wanting to know where the facts are. On any new product I like all the information I can get. If you want to believe in fiction that's OK but when someone says that most of the Elio will be built from parts off the shelves I would like to know where are the parts coming from. Can I believe this, will this assure the dependability of the Elio or when my Elio breaks will I be told the part is not available due to poor planning.
I may be thinking of another Elio for family and ALL the facts is best to be on the table before one gets to deep in the product.
I guess some would jump off the bridge if ONE PERSON said it was safe.

Top Bottom