• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio From Parts Already Available

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First you need to look up the definition of off the shelf.
Then who's the fool here, you call me a troll but YOU are doing the feeding.Could you be the ..........?
As for one thing positive, I see you are already LYING because you haven't read all my post.
A little question about PARTS OFF THE SHELF has got you liberals in a TANTRUM.
As for target production date , now you ask me for proof of something when Elio has lied 4 times already.
Proof....LOL
How about 2014 June production date
2015 March production date
3rd quarter 2015 date
now word is out 4th quarter 2015 production date

Calling the kettle black is one thing but I haven't lied to you. I , like most, only state my opinion. And you DON'T LIKE IT. LOL
For my 1st. POST to get so many of you jumping really is funny.

I'm rooting for Elio to make it 100%, sorry if you have a problem with that.

You know maybe you even need to look up TROLL and personal OPINION and get off that stump, Elio has enough pulling for it already.

:):):) Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a wonderful day, all my enemies are coming over to play. :):):)
Just a little bit of reading comprehension on your part would go a long way. Show me one place where Elio has stated a hard date for production. I have seen them post GOAL DATES, but yet hard dates. So where is your so called proof. As for the off the shelf, they have never stated 100% but that they are using as many off the shelf parts as possible. You can keep twisting and squirming all you want but till you post FACTS you are simply one more out there who likes to try to cause discord then set back and watch.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then who's the fool here, you call me a troll but YOU are doing the feeding.Could you be the ..........?
As for one thing positive, I see you are already LYING because you haven't read all my post.
As for target production date , now you ask me for proof of something when Elio has lied 4 times already.
Proof....LOL
3rd quarter 2015 date

Calling the kettle black is one thing but I haven't lied to you. I , like most, only state my opinion. And you DON'T LIKE IT. LOL

You know maybe you even need to look up TROLL and personal OPINION and get off that stump, Elio has enough pulling for it already.

:):):) Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a wonderful day, all my enemies are coming over to play. :):):)
Proof....LOL
3rd quarter 2015 date

Being wrong about something doesn't make it a lie, it only makes it wrong. To claim Elio "Lied" about the start of production requires that you assume they knew they would not hit that date.
"Tomorrow's powerball lottery will be 1-2-3-4-5 6" Is that a lie or am I probably wrong? If I said "Tomorrow's powerball lottery has been cancelled.", that would be me telling a lie. I believe Elio always used words like "Projected production date" or "On target for..." Have they been wrong? Yes. Have they lied? Doubtful.

Are most of their parts going to be "off the shelf"? Yes. I believe most of the parts are already being manufactured. COT, or Commercial Off the Shelf is different. Elio will have things in it that are unique to Elio but mostly, things will be available elsewhere. Even the gauge cluster will house existing parts. The engine block may be unique but will the starter, alternator, water pump, engine mounts, plugs, wires, clamps, hoses, pistons, rings, bearings,... probably not.

Saying the parts are off the shelf indicates to me at least that most of the parts have been proven to be reliable already because they are already in use somewhere and that gives me confidence that my Elio will perform well for the long haul.

Last edited:

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am the one that asked you for proof. What you have shown us here is "targets". You seem to be so sure of this point, you should have no trouble posting a "link to an official statement "as promised dates". :)

Yes indeed.

By the way, people who demand perfection of others better not have wet feet after they cross the creek.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MV5BNTM3ODE2NjkzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg5MDIzMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Top Bottom