• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't care what it looks like as long as the price is $6800.00. If people start saying we don't like this or we want that, then watch the price go up over night. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. There's plenty of gas hogs out there that you can buy with nice Displays that you can buy. Only 20 to 35 mpg and $18000.00 to $25000.00, but wait look at my nice DISPLAY. Just remember we are not lock in at the $6800.00 price, it could go to $15000.00 or more and there's nothing we could do except loose our money if you didn't go through with your purchase.

Better yet. If you read the small print when you went all in, it said. " You were under no obligation to buy a car, or was Elio under any obligation to sell you one. You checked that you read and understood it when you went all in.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the dash isn't "set in stone", NOW is the perfect time to express dislike over it. After it becomes standard, nothing will change that fact. Now, before anyone "It'll get expensive fast" flames me, know that there are probably equally inexpensive alternatives to the Elgin dash that could be considered. It would seem that if Elio hears a lot of dissent, he MAY decide to make the Elgin dash an option. Now, when it comes down to it, they will pick the most inexpensive option that still maintains the level of product they want to produce. That has to be the only way. Now, if anyone from Elio is reading this, please know that I am not a big fan of the Elgin dash. This is my opinion. It will not keep me from purchasing an Elio but if I have a choice, I'd prefer something with needles. Thank you.
The best way is to go to the Elio web site scroll to the bottom on the lower left under information click contact us and fill out the form!

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Better yet. If you read the small print when you went all in, it said. " You were under no obligation to buy a car, or was Elio under any obligation to sell you one. You checked that you read and understood it when you went all in.
I am maybe dense but I cannot see where that statement has any bearing on this conversation! Or perhaps you just didn't hit the reply button for another thread. LOL

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am maybe dense but I cannot see where that statement has any bearing on this conversation! Or perhaps you just didn't hit the reply button for another thread. LOL
If you scroll back a couple pages in this thread, you will read where it becomes relevent. When the na-sayers are saying if it comes with this dash, it's a deal breaker

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the dash isn't "set in stone", NOW is the perfect time to express dislike over it. After it becomes standard, nothing will change that fact. Now, before anyone "It'll get expensive fast" flames me, know that there are probably equally inexpensive alternatives to the Elgin dash that could be considered. It would seem that if Elio hears a lot of dissent, he MAY decide to make the Elgin dash an option. Now, when it comes down to it, they will pick the most inexpensive option that still maintains the level of product they want to produce. That has to be the only way. Now, if anyone from Elio is reading this, please know that I am not a big fan of the Elgin dash. This is my opinion. It will not keep me from purchasing an Elio but if I have a choice, I'd prefer something with needles. Thank you.
You and I agree on this as do many other Elio fans. The message is clear - keep it simple and keep it inexpensive

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you scroll back a couple pages in this thread, you will read where it becomes relevent. When the na-sayers are saying if it comes with this dash, it's a deal breaker
That sounds like my post. I will not buy the Elio with the Elgin dash if I cannot create a cluster I feel safe looking at. On that basis I would simply forefoot my money and take my knocks. For me it is a deal breaker. Do I have to buy? NO, and if it comes to that it is just one less Elio on the road. Not a choice I want to make but one I will if necessary.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like my post. I will not buy the Elio with the Elgin dash it I cannot create a cluster I feel safe looking at. On that basis I would simply forefoot my money and take my knocks. For me it is a deal breaker. Do I have to buy? NO, and if it comes to that it is just one less Elio on the road.
I don't like that dash either but if they use it, I'd have to see it in person before taking the same route as you. By all means, stand by your convictions though.

Top Bottom