• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First of all I don't wear panties, I've got bigger balls than you will every have. Are you a lawyer? Here you are talking about Elio going into litigation over an unsafe product, that's hasn't been built yet. Give me a break. Oh you not a lawyer, your must be the safety watch dog. It sounds like you better stay with 4 wheels. This really send a good message to the people that's thinking about buying one. Don't do it because the display is unsafe
Read the discussion from the beginning, perhaps then you would understand. Jumping into the middle of something you know little about, is not at all prudent. Your attitude leads me to believe you have serious problem.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did Jerome not give any indication of an option to the 'Elgin' dash or did I just miss that ? :)
I couldn't get an answer out of him on the subject as our conversation got cut into bout that time. Lots of people looking for answers. Might make it a point to ask though. When I contacted Elio about it, They basically said that the Elgin was not cast in stone and that there might be other options.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, after I SAW the vehicle in OKC last week and LISTENED to the numbers mentioned , the price of a elio with an automatic will be About $8750 plus your local state and city motor vehicle fees. Elio admits they are about $300 short from the $6800, so figure $7000. Jerome said they are trying to keep the auto under $1000, but say $800, add a couple of hundred for cruise ($250) and then add the $750 destination charge, a small dealer prep fee of $150 and what do you get? $8800..add your local state tax and motor vehicle fees est $500 and you have over $9000 for an auto with cruise. If you get the stick you will save about $800 which is still a little over $8000. I plan to have mine wrapped so figure another $1500 to $2000. That is my figures from the tour. It is getting up their in price but you will save a bunch on gas.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, after I SAW the vehicle in OKC last week and LISTENED to the numbers mentioned , the price of a elio with an automatic will be About $8750 plus your local state and city motor vehicle fees. Elio admits they are about $300 short from the $6800, so figure $7000. Jerome said they are trying to keep the auto under $1000, but say $800, add a couple of hundred for cruise ($250) and then add the $750 destination charge, a small dealer prep fee of $150 and what do you get? $8800..add your local state tax and motor vehicle fees est $500 and you have over $9000 for an auto with cruise. If you get the stick you will save about $800 which is still a little over $8000. I plan to have mine wrapped so figure another $1500 to $2000. That is my figures from the tour. It is getting up their in price but you will save a bunch on gas.
I have 9K earmarked for the auocycle and figure another 3-4k for paint.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the dash isn't "set in stone", NOW is the perfect time to express dislike over it. After it becomes standard, nothing will change that fact. Now, before anyone "It'll get expensive fast" flames me, know that there are probably equally inexpensive alternatives to the Elgin dash that could be considered. It would seem that if Elio hears a lot of dissent, he MAY decide to make the Elgin dash an option. Now, when it comes down to it, they will pick the most inexpensive option that still maintains the level of product they want to produce. That has to be the only way. Now, if anyone from Elio is reading this, please know that I am not a big fan of the Elgin dash. This is my opinion. It will not keep me from purchasing an Elio but if I have a choice, I'd prefer something with needles. Thank you.

Top Bottom