• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Avards

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Should the Elgin (were good outboard motors) be the dashboard design of choice, I'll just keep my GPS attached to the dashboard, and rely on the Elgin for idiot lights and fuel level. Sure hope I don't have to drill a hole in the dash facia for a cigarette lighter. Oh dear, how not PC. I meant 12 volt outlet. We don't want the PC police to shut the forum down.

wr

archer5013

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Actually Jay, I have some more items on MY menu than that ineffectual Elgin (slap-in-the-face) offering.
If there is no reasonable Option consisting of traditional needle gauges offered by Elio Motors, Inc., then I will simply build my own.

It's just a {simpler than average} automobile. Ho Hum.

Actually I anticipate some interesting additional potential - after replacing that thing - I will have some VERY fun times taking pictures of it in various, um, contexts (of both humor - and some other possibilities).
:D

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well... It has a clean elegant look sure - but doesn't strike me as very functional. I just don't feel I can give this thing a quick glance. Also the RPM to me seems hard to see. I need the full range needle there so I know where I am with the engine so I don't scatter her guts all over the roadway.
This is the first big "thumbs down" for me on the design. :confused:

If you REALLY need a tach to know you're over revving, even a big tach won't save you all the time.

My ship is coming in. Elio dummy proof rev limiters. Nice safe 2500 rpm limit. No over rev fears. Call Me Now! :D

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't get the link to function.
I think this thing is going to be a dash option from what I can infer from the tec talk.
View attachment 3436
But would sure like some more info. It is neat but willl probably ad about a third to the price of the car.
MK

I suspect we will all be surprised with reasonable pricing for the options Elio Motors will post one month. One month, we'll see the options list and that will be a sigh of relief for us future Elio owners. This is grand seeing the Elio come together now month by month. Such a grand opportunity to have this occurring after these many, many years of rising gasoline prices. Also was good to know that new dash/instruments can also tie in an alarm system. Very nice to have the options, then everyone selects their needs, their wants and fits it to their pocket book. Still 84mpg, 1240lbs, air bags, tandem, warranty, enclosed, etc........I am all in
Elio 84 mpg and on its way to third quarter production 2015!
Terrence in Maryland, enjoying the coming releases, the Tech Talks :-)

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect we will all be surprised with reasonable pricing for the options Elio Motors will post one month. One month, we'll see the options list and that will be a sigh of relief for us future Elio owners. This is grand seeing the Elio come together now month by month. Such a grand opportunity to have this occurring after these many, many years of rising gasoline prices. Also was good to know that new dash/instruments can also tie in an alarm system. Very nice to have the options, then everyone selects their needs, their wants and fits it to their pocket book. Still 84mpg, 1240lbs, air bags, tandem, warranty, enclosed, etc........I am all in
Elio 84 mpg and on its way to third quarter production 2015!
Terrence in Maryland, enjoying the coming releases, the Tech Talks :)

Terrence I missed the info as to when the option prices would be released, where did you get that?
Spent many years on the bay, Easton is a great little town. Better when they are not plucking chickens.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards this Rolex Dash.
image.jpg

Top Bottom