• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I simply think differently. I never assumed any of the borrowed parts used in the P4 were exact examples of what is to come. Also, Paul Elio has been very up front about having the Elgin dash so I have always assumed it will be what I get. So far I like what I see and like what I hear about it from those who have seen it in person so I am assuming I will like it. If I don't I will be sure to let everyone know. :p :rolleyes: :) Z
I guess that would depend on when you went all in. Many had already heard the Elgin announcement when they went all in, others were locked in already when we first heard of Paul's father's watch.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've grown accustomed to a tachometer and a temp gauge over the past 40 years. Guess we're really going retro. If no tach, that might push me toward the automatic transmission.
It has a tach, it is the other huge circle on the left with the little window. Not to accurate but, it is what it is. Not to my liking but, it seems to be what we are stuck with.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went "all in" at $100 on 3/1/14. :) Z
I didn't mean you Z. What I was trying to convey is, if 73% of the reservations, which I would say this forum is a pretty good gauge of the general pubic, didn't like that dash, I would bet those who were contemplating a reservation, might have second thought when viewing the Elgin at the tour showings.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't mean you Z. What I was trying to convey is, if 73% of the reservations, which I would say this forum is a pretty good gauge of the general pubic, didn't like that dash, I would bet those who were contemplating a reservation, might have second thought when viewing the Elgin at the tour showings.
I still think way too many people are judging the Elgin Dash without actually seeing and using it. Most of the "I hate Elgin" faction seems to be based on - I'm not even sure what it is based on but it certainly is NOT based on anything at all like personal experience with the dash in question. Are we all so old and set in our ways that we can't be open to change? It certainly looks that way. :-) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are we all so old and set in our ways that we can't be open to change? It certainly looks that way. :) Z

this time I have to respectively disagree .... I am old enough to know what I like and what I don't .... show me a painting and I'll tell you if I like it or not .... show me a car color, shirt, coat, or most anything else and it doesn't take me long to know if I like it or not .... its Paul's baby and he has every right to make the decision .... if a person wants his trike, that's what they will get .... in this case, its his way or the highway

Jim

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still think way too many people are judging the Elgin Dash without actually seeing and using it. Most of the "I hate Elgin" faction seems to be based on - I'm not even sure what it is based on but it certainly is NOT based on anything at all like personal experience with the dash in question. Are we all so old and set in our ways that we can't be open to change? It certainly looks that way. :) Z

But!!, 'Mother, I want to do it MY way', when I pay!!lol

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still think way too many people are judging the Elgin Dash without actually seeing and using it. Most of the "I hate Elgin" faction seems to be based on - I'm not even sure what it is based on but it certainly is NOT based on anything at all like personal experience with the dash in question. Are we all so old and set in our ways that we can't be open to change? It certainly looks that way. :) Z

'Are we all so old'?
BTW, Z, how Old is that pocket watch design Paul got this idea from??lol

Top Bottom