• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Tech question, does the system prevent people from voting more than once?
As they have long said in Chicago, vote early and vote often!

It is limited to one vote per account.

On what basis do you assume that you are in the majority?
Unless you go with the noisiest group should prevail.

Based on what I have seen EKH likely is representative of a large section of the Elio enthusiasts who actively follow this project however you are correct that we do not have enough data to positively determine any more than that. As it does appear that a version of this gauge cluster will be what is included in every Elio the question of how a version of the Elgin design will be received will indeed be answered in time.

I do also have to point out to everyone that this is merely the first prototype and it will need to change before production as there are some obvious issues such as the current gauges are metric and there are no controls for the multi-function display which we have been told will have a number of functions. There very well could also be more refinements than those as this moves closer to production.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've had the check engine light pop on twice on cars I've owned........both times faulty signals. What can happen? Check the engine oil, service the engine at regular intervals, and keep it under 100 mph..............no CEL required.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if Paul Elio has a CEL app on his phone as a reminder to call IAV a couple times a day.

now that's funny ...
roling%20on%20the%20floor%20laughing.gif

Jim

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The CEL indicator is important because it indicates issues with important systems in the car. Anything with a computer or sensor can activate the CEL when something goes awry, often before the issue becomes fatal. Emissions items like O2 sensors and EGR systems, engine sensors, sometimes transmission issues and more - all can be set up to trigger the CEL. Codes are used to communicate with a simple scanner device that any competent mechanic and many vehicle owners have, through the OBD (On Board Diagnostics) port. The codes indicate the issue, and when the codes are cleared, the CEL goes out. States with emissions or safety inspections often will not pass a vehicle with the CEL illuminated.

Given that EM has stated the Elio will have an OBDII system even of minimal configuration, the system will at least need a CEL on the dash.

Kronos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
On what basis do you assume that you are in the majority?
Unless you go with the noisiest group should prevail.

Probably because of this poll's current statistic. But it certainly isn't a scientific poll. On the other hand, I don't find it unreasonable to believe the majority of people are unenthusiastic about the Elgin-inspired dash. Some more vehemently than others, obviously. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom