• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The design is definitely unorthodox and I can understand why some people do not like it as I myself have stated that my personal preference would be for analog gauges. However having actually seen it in person I don't believe it is as bad as many people think it is. We also really don't have enough information to tell how it would be received in final form by the general public as we have not seen it installed in a vehicle let alone seen the final product.
Give it up Goofyone, it's a no win arguement.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
And all of us who have seen the Elio in person, sat in its seat and looked over the dash never saw it either. It was not part of the Elio we fell in love with and made the financial commitment. I am usually a very positive person and I know I will catch a lot of flack for my comment but IMHO this almost falls in the bait and switch category.

I know you are usually a very positive person but obviously you just don't like this which is fine as we can simply agree to disagree on this point. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Give it up Goofyone, it's a no win arguement.

I know, I think I thought I was on Facebook where I have been a little bit naughty lately and using EMOA as a fun zone to poke the hornet's nest a bit. :D

We all get our kicks trolling at times. I simply do it other places. :D

Kronos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I know, I think I thought I was on Facebook where I have been a little bit naughty lately and using EMOA as a fun zone to poke the hornet's nest a bit. :D

We all get our kicks trolling at times. I simply do it other places. :D

I'm going to need to look into joining EMOA, I think. Hehe

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Truth is, I doubt any of us will back out of our purchase because of this dash, but I say, it's ok to not like it, or the decision to go with it. Let's get back to the gas cap.
Every time I get an alert, I'm tempted to click on that "unwatch thread" icon up in the right hand corner, but I have to admitt, it is entertaining listening to my Elio brothers vent.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I accept the fact that Paul Elio and others like this design while others like me do not. I will agree to disagree.
who owns the football? as we used to say when as kids we argued over back yard rules. He that owns the football sets the rules. If you don't like the rules.....

Top Bottom