• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ironically, after reading this thread at work, I get home and the wife tells me the "check engine" light is on, on her '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Check for obvious things (gas cap, sensor wires, funny smells, etc...) no luck. Went to drive it up to my local O'Reilly's, engine light goes off. Guys up there tell me that the scanner they have won't tell you which code is popping unless the light is on at the time of testing :mad:...crap! But while I was at the counter another customer enlightened me to a website, "AutoEnginuity".

https://www.autoenginuity.com/

They sell a adapter (and software) that allows you to use your laptop to check/fix/scan/datalog, etc...and reset the default settings on the vehicle. Little steep at $250, but a descent scanner that can't do any of that is about the same price. I know what I'm getting for Christmas! :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds pricey. I recall that I paid about $100 for my scanner and it was of good quality. It works on all my OBDII vehicles. Check eBay and Amazon before making a decision.

I hear ya Jeff, but the amount of things this system can do is compelling! Copy/paste from their website (under Products/Scan Tool). I highlighted the "biggy" in red. No store bought scanner will give you mfg specific codes. Those are the ones the dealer makes you come to their dealership to 'diagnose'....don't forget to bring your wallet!

• Clear the Check Engine or Service Engine Soon indicator
  • Unlimited logging of live vehicle sensors in XML or CSV (1ms logging accuracy).
  • Playback your datalogs for offline analysis.
  • Savable configurations. Set up the interface to suit your preferences and save it so you never have to do it again.
  • View generic and manufacturer enhanced data on the same tool
  • Configure the interface to suit your preferences
  • Supports: 1996 and newer passenger vehicles whether it be domestic, Asian, or European.
    SAE interfaces: J1850 (PWM and VPM), ISO-9141-2, ISO-14230 [KWP2000], and CAN [11Bit and 29Bit]

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds pricey. I recall that I paid about $100 for my scanner and it was of good quality. It works on all my OBDII vehicles. Check eBay and Amazon before making a decision.

Might even work on a Megasquirt I plan on installing on my '74 914 (EG33 out of a Suby SVX):D....when I finally get time to play with them again. :(

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too keep thinking of blocking this thread, but just can't! have to keep up on the ONLY thing I don't like (a lot) about the Elio. 890 posts on something we have no choice in, and truly is no big deal. Now back to important things like the gas cap :)

Top Bottom