• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really, five pages alone, today, on this thread about gauge clusters. Do any of you people have a real job, or is this just what you do all day? I wish I could remember how cars I've owned/driven, that didn't have operating gauges, gas gauge is the only mandatory one and with the E-car, not so much. Again if the instrument cluster is good enough for Paul's dream car, it's good enough for me, I just want it ASOP
Nope, no real job here!

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm usually off on Weds and Thursday now. Plus I work swings now instead of graveyards

Since fully half my online time is now geared toward my future ride (and ninety percent of my daydreams, probably ninety five percent night dreaming), it makes sense to come here and relive the glory days ahead of us... :rolleyes:
:p

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ironically, after reading this thread at work, I get home and the wife tells me the "check engine" light is on, on her '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Check for obvious things (gas cap, sensor wires, funny smells, etc...) no luck. Went to drive it up to my local O'Reilly's, engine light goes off. Guys up there tell me that the scanner they have won't tell you which code is popping unless the light is on at the time of testing :mad:...crap! But while I was at the counter another customer enlightened me to a website, "AutoEnginuity".

https://www.autoenginuity.com/

They sell a adapter (and software) that allows you to use your laptop to check/fix/scan/datalog, etc...and reset the default settings on the vehicle. Little steep at $250, but a descent scanner that can't do any of that is about the same price. I know what I'm getting for Christmas! :D

a cheap bluetooth obd2 port reader and a cellphone app can do it for less than 20$

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Really, five pages alone, today, on this thread about gauge clusters. Do any of you people have a real job, or is this just what you do all day? I wish I could remember how cars I've owned/driven, that didn't have operating gauges, gas gauge is the only mandatory one and with the E-car, not so much. Again if the instrument cluster is good enough for Paul's dream car, it's good enough for me, I just want it ASOP

The speedo and fuel gauges in my Triumph stopped working a little while ago and I have meant to repair the issue however always put it off as disassembling everything to fix things in those cars always leads to a few more issues. I only really ever take it on drives in the local area up to about two hours drive away and use a marked rod as a homemade dipstick fuel gauge as the tank is a simple rectangle shape with the fuel fill in the top center. If I really need to keep accurate track of my speed or keep track of distance traveled I just use the GPS on my phone but I rarely need to do that. :eek::D

I am self-employed and work from home so this site is nearly always on at least one of the two big monitors in front of me on my desk. :cool::)
mydesk.jpg

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am self-employed and work from home so this site is nearly always on at least one of the two big monitors in front of me on my desk. :cool::)
View attachment 3813
Same here but...
"I am" ... "employed and work"..."so this site is nearly always on at least one of the"...three..."big monitors in front of me on my desk. :cool::)"

Top Bottom