• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio's overall interior to include the Elgin dash is what it has to be to meet the $6800 price point. We are fortunate to have the list of after market options we do to personalize our Elio's and or stay within the base price point for those looking for functional, affordable, and anticipated reliable transportation.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
At least now we know our Elio will do 100mph according to that picture.

It will do 100 but on that dash 100 would be 100 KPH or just over 60 MPH as the gauge came from somewhere else. :D

I do have to explain an interesting change since I last spoke to Jerome about this dash a long time ago. Early in the year the plan as I understood it was to use digital displays to simulate a spinning dial however since then EM must have found an existing gauge which works the way they waned and is apparently used in a vehicle not sold in the USA as evidenced by the metric units of the prototype. These are indeed actual spinning gauges and they operate quite smoothly.

This is exactly the reason this may not be official information quite yet as things do change with details like these.

That's a great picture to get a better idea of what the actual part will be. I only wish I could get the actual dimensions so I can start talking with Dakota Digital to get a replacement design that will drop right into place.

One reason why I asked if they would be installing the Elgin gauge cluster in the P4 was because Jerome mentioned that it was a direct replacement so if anyone gets the size of the P4 dash they will have the size for the Elign. Of course the caveat with that is that it could change some before production as these are prototypes.

Goofy, was that your hand holding it? If so, could we see your hand against a ruler?

Nope not my hands, those were Pam Vassallo's hands.

Any idea what the small circle between the turn indicators is?
That's where the high lights indicator has been on a few of my cars.
High beam indicator?

I do believe it was indeed the high beam indicator as I remember it being blue. Hopefully sometime soon they will make a video of it for us to enjoy.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will do 100 but on that dash 100 would be 100 KPH or just over 60 MPH as the gauge came from somewhere else. :D

I do have to explain an interesting change since I last spoke to Jerome about this dash a long time ago. Early in the year the plan as I understood it was to use digital displays to simulate a spinning dial however since then EM must have found an existing gauge which works the way they waned and is apparently used in a vehicle not sold in the USA as evidenced by the metric units of the prototype. These are indeed actual spinning gauges and they operate quite smoothly.

This is exactly the reason this may not be official information quite yet as things do change with details like these.

One reason why I asked if they would be installing the Elgin gauge cluster in the P4 was because Jerome mentioned that it was a direct replacement so if anyone gets the size of the P4 dash they will have the size for the Elign. Of course the caveat with that is that it could change some before production as these are prototypes.

Nope not my hands, those were Pam Vassallo's hands.

I do believe it was indeed the high beam indicator as I remember it being blue. Hopefully sometime soon they will make a video of it for us to enjoy.
Does that mean we will have to learn metric to know how fast we are going? Don't think I'll be exactly enjoying a video of that dash dial spinning. Kinda like gargling with peanut butter.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there an engine temp gauge or an idiot light? I forgot to check that out.

there are a bunch of idiot lights built into black center ring on both sides of the Elgin dask .... unfortunately they didn't show up in the pictures .... the only additional gauge I remember is the one for the gas tank

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
there are a bunch of idiot lights built into black center ring on both sides of the Elgin dask .... unfortunately they didn't show up in the pictures .... the only additional gauge I remember is the one for the gas tank

Jim

Yes these are the details I was hoping to get on a video as the simulation showed all the idiot lights but unfortunately that plan just did not work out. Hopefully we will see the details direct from EM sometime in the near future.

The center multi-function display will apparently also have several screens displaying information so it is possible some other information such as engine temp could be displayed here however this is only my speculation. They only told us specifically about displaying the speed on this display.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

Which means that we don't have to pay close for a thousand for another dash, we just have to visit a junkyard :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Which means that we don't have to pay close for a thousand for another dash, we just have to visit a junkyard :)

Yes, very funny. :D

Before anyone gets too crazy about this I should clarify that I believe Jerome was referring to the size and am not sure if the wiring would be the same.:eek::rolleyes:

It sounds like Joshusa has just volunteered to ask about this as well. ;)

Top Bottom