• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Like that's Beeutiful! :D

imageuploadedbytapatalk1418498358-301550-jpg.3836.jpg
IMG_4715.JPG

Taken at night

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see a side by side comparion of this and a night time Elgin in it's lit up glory. The Elgin dash will look more like the intrument panel of a retro plane cockpit. Go Elgin! I may end up changing my oriignal don't like vote to like. Is that even possible.

interloper07

Elio Fan
Reaction score
With MPH written on the face of the dash, I'm guessing there's no metric/standard toggle switch. So every time you drive up to Canada you have to convert your speed to KM/H in your head? Every car I've been with an analog dash in has had KM/H on the speedometer (granted in much smaller numbers), the few digital dashes have had metric/standard toggles.

By law, the dash has to be able to display both mph and kph. Whether that's accomplished by secondary markings or electronically is up to the manufacturer.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the dash viseo

Thanks for posting this Joshua, as neither I nor goofyone were able to get a video of it in Charlotte due to technical problems with the prototype.

Looks great, especially taken in 1080p.

You mentioned in the video the 'oil temperature' light in the middle. Isn't that a water temperature sensor instead? I wonder what temperature it is set to go off?

I also see on the left what appears to be a light for low coolant. That would be nice to have.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By law, the dash has to be able to display both mph and kph. Whether that's accomplished by secondary markings or electronically is up to the manufacturer.

My 2014 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter did not have km on the analog dash. Now that I think about it, maybe the Digital panel could have been changed to km. I'll check on that.

Top Bottom